Product Development Associate
This is the freshest Soft Home Decor & Textile Company on the block. In simple terms, we develop, design, manufacture and sell Soft Home, Baby, and Pet Décor Products to Corporate Retailers across North America. Our vision is to become the manufacturer of choice for on-demand home furnishings. By running our business under the values of positive people and purpose, our simple aim is to make doing business with us effortless and intensely satisfying! Full Transparency: We’re a new company that started in 2018 and looking for Amazing, Good, and Energetic Team Members to join our Movement. We understand that it’s not about a job description anymore, rather about people enjoying the work that they’re doing with the people and the environment they’re in. We strive to create a positive and inspiring culture, that values a strong work ethic and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to shape a work environment which encourages partners to engage with one another and make this a place they look forward to working each day. Offers Health, Dental, and Vision plans. Summer Friday’s.
The Product Development Associate reports to the Director of Product Development and is responsible for executing the product life cycle through accurate sourcing, timely follow up and project management. This person works diligently to ensure all of the fine details relating to the PD process is kept up to date, orderly and accurate, and approach every interaction with a service mindset that is flexible to the changing needs of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage all communication with overseas for designated categories as it relates to product development, sourcing/pricing for NEW items, and sample requests
- Work with our Overseas Business Development Manager to maintain monthly pricing grids for basic programs within specified categories
- Attend and participate in meetings with cross functional departments: design, production, sales
- Work with Director and CEO on purchasing goods for inventory. Assist production and sales teams in gathering the information needed to place inventory orders and maintain the inventory catalogs
- Responsible for the development/sampling of products for designated categories for our general product lines and specific project request from customers from product concept, to print design, to packaging details
- With Director, manage work orders for specified categories with design and packaging teams
- Responsible for maintaining product presentations for each category, constantly removing the old and refreshing with new items/ideas
- Responsible for competitive shopping for specified categories, keeping an eye out for retail price, colors, prints, packaging, and general white space in the market
- Responsible for working with account managers for specified categories to ensure we are providing the end customer with what they need. This includes but is not limited to preparing for samples sales meetings, constant email follow up with factories on project deadlines, working with design on CAD needs and from time to time, filling out sourcing forms and attending meetings with the buyer
- 5+ years of experience in product development, fashion merchandising, buying, or related field
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to learn from the environment and tools given
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong emphasis in Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively communicate, especially via email with domestic and overseas partners
- Excellent follow up skills
- Able to function and multi-task in a fast-paced fashion environment
- Must be open to travel outside the U.S
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.