Super fun company to work for. Great team in place. They make all the collegiate apparel that you see in the book stores on college campuses. They are also selling to Resorts and Corporate (businesses). This is a great opportunity to join a larger company where you can really grow your career. Full benefits. This is a work in the office situation.
The Merchandiser for Resort and Corporate is a highly qualified, and highly motivated individual with strong background in brand knowledge. Merchandisers play a key role within a company and drives line planning with contribution from Sales, PLM and Creative Art. This position requires 5+ years of Merchandising experience working in an apparel and headwear firm, a strong attention to detail, along with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally to help increase the overall profit of the company. This position reports to the VP of Merchandising and Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Merchandiser supporting the Resort VP of Sales, by leading various projects including Sales Analysis Knowledge, Salesmen Samples, Key Account Samples, Cross Departmental Sample needs, Sales Rep Request, Resort Photoshoot, In studio photoshoots, Corporate Photoshoots, Catalog Copy, Brand Vocabulary and Product Knowledge Training Tools
- Merchandising works to collaboratively create the vision of the apparel brand the Design Department, the knowledge of the Sales Teams, and effectively collaborating with Creative Art to execute the brands voice to the outside consumer
- Key role of the Merchandising Department is to focus on creating strategic direction for product line management for the League apparel brand across the Resort channel, with focus on overall profitability
- Keep a breath of latest trends and relay in a timely manner to all creative teams
- Responsible for working cross departmental for all projects and responsibilities. Projects can involve Product Development/Planning, Sales, Marketing, Creative Art, Production Art, Production, and Senior Management to support apparel sales growth within the company
- Lead Merchandiser to partner with Art Development on resort side of IPAD- season launches, updates needed, and keeping this sales tool as up to date and useful as possible in support of sales
- Maintain visibility and work to continue to strengthen relationships with key accounts in both Resort and Corporate channels
- Channel sales analysis on a quarterly basis to make informed recommendations to drive sales for Sales Reps by summarizing into a quarterly communication: Merchandising Moments; as well as sharing knowledge of sales with Product Development when discussing the product assortment
- Resort sample lead, collaborating with Art Development and Marketing on art development needs on art selections for tradeshows, salesmen samples, photoshoots and catalogs
- Key player in success of collaborations- responsible for taking the creative art and building out proposed assortment for Artist to review and approve, continued evolution of the assortment to keep interesting, responsible for sampling across all areas of sales- tradeshows, rep samples, web, sales tools, etc.
- Serve as key member of the Decoration Committee, while continuing to evolve understanding the abilities and limitations pertaining to decoration
- Plays a key role on sample communication with all factories
- Support in the training session of the line launches both internally and externally
- Tradeshow lead for vision, design and execution for the League brand- by working closely with Merchandising teams and Sales Managers on the needs and expectations for each individual booth space
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Design and/or Marketing
- 5+ Years of experience
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Strong communication
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong design aesthetic
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office
- Highly creative
- Highly analytical
- Have a thorough understanding of trends and product life cycles
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.