Director of Manufacturing
This is a US owned Textile Manufacturer that has a long history of success. They have multiple plants located in the US and have a great team in place. They offer competitive compensation and benefits and some relocation assistance. They are an extrusion operation that deals in virgin fibers and recycled fibers.
They are looking for someone that has a background in Extrusion and can manage two facilities. Privately held company is seeking an experienced and energetic individual with a proven track record of accountability and results for the position of Director of Manufacturing for an extrusion and synthetic fiber operation. He/she will oversee business operations for multiple manufacturing locations and is responsible for engineering, inventory control, production, lean manufacturing, quality control, health and safety, maintenance, and employee relations, with the intent to maximize efficiencies and improve corporate profitability. Ideal candidate will be located or open to relocating to the Greenville, SC area.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Develops recommendations and executes initiatives to meet corporate strategic objectives and operational excellence, both short and long-term
• Hands-on manager who will work with manufacturing departments at each location
• Works to reduce waste throughout production, inventory, and procurement systems
• Motivates, directs, and coaches a high performing team to meet established goals
• Develops and tracks manufacturing KPIs and reports performance to leadership team
• Forecasts and maintains financial budget
• Develops and maintains operational reporting
• Oversees purchasing & inventory to effectively support production requirements while minimizing inventory carrying costs
• Ensures compliance with safety regulations and standard operating procedures
The ideal candidate is detail oriented and has the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. They have strong project management skills and can communicate effectively both written and verbally. They have led and managed change successfully and are experienced in working in a lean manufacturing environment. Experience in polymer extrusion and synthetic fiber manufacturing is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Post-secondary diploma and/or degree in engineering and/orbusiness
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 4 years in a senior management role
• Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.