This company has a new CEO and are making some positive innovative changes. They have engineered and manufactured Textile Machinery and much more for 130 years with their products installed in more than 50 countries worldwide. From manmade fibers for the aerospace industry to home furnishings, apparel, and industrial yarn applications, this company develops proprietary processes to address its customers’ wide spectrum of winding requirements. They serve the global textile market with particular emphasis on the technical textile industry. To meet the demands of the technical textile industry, they design and manufactures winding equipment that effectively handles almost any synthetic fiber.
We are looking for a full-time Process Engineer as an addition to the Manufacturing Engineering team. This is a multi-disciplinary position, central to the company’s business success: Contributing to the support of customers via Machine Installation and Commissioning on their site, and to the development and implementation of new cutting-edge machinery, with the R&D Engineering team, as well as to optimization of our manufacturing environment and practices. To be successful in this position, you should have hands-on experience with OEM mechanical and electronics assembly and PLC programming.
• Assembly and testing of company’s OEM electronics
• Commissioning newly sold machines at the customer site (China and other locations)
• In-person and remote troubleshooting along with maintenance support
• Oversight of the customer support team in China
• Contributes to R&D for new product development, upgrades on functionality, and improvements to safety, quality, and performance
• Participate in PLC programming on new machine assemblies
• Maintain customer relationships and interact as needed before and after commissioning
• Awareness of technical developments in the field through literature, technical contacts, and industry competition
• Perform other Industrial engineering duties as assigned
• Good understanding of OEM electronics and standards
• Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Mandarin
• Proficiency in PLC functionality
• Collaborative work ethic in both virtual and in-person settings
• Attention to detail
• Functional aptitude for electronics assembly
• Can work with ambiguity and minimal supervision
• Adaptability to evolving business priorities
• Up to 20% travel (both international and domestic)
Education & Experience:
• Degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent qualification
• Proven experience using PLC programming for industrial machinery
• Previous experience in machine commissioning
• Previous experience using ERP and BOM systems
• Previous experience in textiles industry is preferable but not required
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience
• Bilingual: English and Mandarin
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.