Operations Senior Manager
This Interior Design company focused on Fabric, Wall Covering, and Furniture has been in business for over 100 years and, due to growth, they are looking for an Operations Senior Manager for their wall covering division located in Greater NYC.
The Operations Senior Manager supports the Vice President of Design to drive top line growth and bottom-line returns for the Greater NYC production facility which serves both direct-to-consumer and bulk/volume channels. This is an exciting and highly visible position that plays an important role in shaping, supporting, and monitoring the future of their manufacturing operation.
- Effectively drive efficiency and scale in production
- Manage and motivate a production team of 5+ people
- Drive growth through both the direct-to-consumer and the bulk/volume channels
- Define quarterly, annual, and multi-year strategy in collaboration with VP of Design, VP of Ops, and VP of Merchandizing
- Set ambitious goals for operational metrics (e.g., production, utilization) and manage against them
- Assess operations and financials proactively to identify and pursue growth opportunities
- Observe for inefficiencies and problem-solve, being creative and flexible in solutioning
- Develop and manage plans to implement changes in business
- Guide development and implementation of new ERP software and scheduling system to manage production
- Interface with suppliers to identify and drive cost saving opportunities
- Empower team members to share ideas for operational improvements and make changes to improve efficiency
- Lead weekly Ops meetings with production team to discuss goals and identify concerns
- Oversee and drive decisions on hiring for positions required to scale production (as needed)
- Model expected demand to inform our capacity to take new orders and/or produce additional SKUs
- Build & manage reports to track key metrics & empower team members with data
- Analyze data to find actionable insights that lead to great business decisions and new opportunities
- Build basic financial models to assess new business opportunities and monitor ongoing performance
- Demonstrate great judgment in quickly forming actionable, data-driven conclusions in the face of uncertainty
- Serve as liaison between divisions across the company to identify opportunities for improvement and troubleshoot as needed
- Communicate capacity to internal customers (the Merchandizing team) to inform ordering approach
- Report on production and financial performance to stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate as necessary to produce content that communicates work to the Board of Directors and the Company at large
- Play an active role in broader company strategic & operational planning discussions
- Demonstrated passion for excellence in operations, analysis, and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Goal-oriented and willing to do what it takes to achieve production goals
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to work flexibly as business needs change
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Action oriented and enjoys working hard/smart
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and be resourceful and creative in finding solutions
- Enjoy challenges
- Team player, cooperative, easily gains trust and supports peers
- Inspires and empowers team members
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Highly skilled in MS Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Familiarity with ERP software and production scheduling
Education and Experience:
- 2 – 4 years’ floor management experience in manufacturing environment, ideally in digital production or wallpaper / textile manufacturing
- 3-5 years’ experience in an operations ownership role, with end-to-end responsibility for management of a physical space
- 3-5 years’ management consulting experience with proven operational excellence and ability to execute end-to-end
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.