We are working with a growing 100+ year global leader in coating, dyeing, and finishing of woven and non-woven fabrics with state-of-the-art wide width coating and finishing in a new facility. The company’s products include digitally-printable textiles, specialty home products, and technical textiles for a wide variety of industries. ISO 9001 and 14001 certified, sustainable manufacturer (SGIA Recognition Award winner), VIA’s Operational Excellence, Innovation, and Social Responsibility Award winning company. The company utilizes water-based chemistries and most commonly utilizes/develops water repellant, anti-microbial, and fire-retardant coatings/finishes for their products.
The company is seeking a full-time Coating Chemist for their Greater Chicago facility location. This position will report to the Director of Process & Product Development and comes with a competitive base salary, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending plan, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance will be offered to qualified candidates. Our growing business is looking for a skilled Coating Chemist to join our R&D team to identify, formulate, and evaluate new coatings and finishes for textile products and print media substrates for new product opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, formulate, and evaluate new coatings and finishes for textile products and print media substrates for new product opportunities
• Work directly with customers and Sales to determine performance requirements for new products
• Prepare and evaluate pilot samples for customer evaluation
• Work with engineers to successfully scale-up product development projects from lab to manufacturing
• Provide technical service to Operations pertaining to resolution of coating, dye, and finish mix problems and optimization
• Develop and sustain partnerships with suppliers and customers to assist in developing new products
• Assess and recommend replacement chemicals when current chemicals are discontinued or become price prohibitive. Perform competitive analysis studies and establish benchmarks
• Respond to and address environmental inquiries and chemical safety inquiries from customers
• Perform color matching in lab for new products
• Prepare fabric SDS, review new chemical SDS, and maintain SDS information
• Oversee coating lab and pilot coater and maintain to industry hygiene and safety standards
• Assist Quality department in root cause analysis and corrective action for customer complaints related to product quality and the function of the coating and/or finish
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry
• 5+ years related job experience within Coating formulation
• Expert analytical, technical, and organization skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite of programs
• Attention to detail, critical thinking, and time management skills
• ISO 9001/ISO 14001 knowledge helpful
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.