We are working with a growing, well-established (over 80 years), global, environmentally responsible, technologically advanced, and fully vertical manufacturer of high-quality luxury carpet and rugs for the home and commercial sectors (including the world’s leading hotels, casinos, and cruise ships).
Due to high demand and the resulting company growth, the company is expanding their design team and looking for a Junior Designer for their Greater Atlanta Georgia office. This position will report to the Design Manager or Senior Designer and in addition to great benefits (including 3 weeks of vacation to start), the company offers relocation assistance for the right candidate to join their growing team.
Create high-quality custom carpet designs. Collaborate with Internal and External Customers (Interior Designers and Owner/Developers). Complete carpet design work to meet Design and Production due dates by working closely with team members, including Project Planners, Designers, Design Studio Manager, Sales Associates and Administrative Staff.
• Use desktop software (MS Office, Photoshop, Texcelle, Corel Painter, etc.) and hardware (computers, printers etc.) to create custom carpet design solutions. Develop design skills, techniques, and expertise on all available technology with the goal of being able to complete projects independently with minimal supervision
• Collaborate with Senior Designers and Design Studio Manager to execute assigned projects
• Interpret customers’ design requirements and ensure work is carried out to the customers’ satisfaction within designated time frames. Participate in project kick off calls with internal and external customers when required. Ensure design work is free of any copyright issues
• Upon design approval, translate conceptual images into edited design files ready for production. Ensure design files are accurate based upon the information that has been provided and are completed within designated time frames
• Collaborate with the Planning Department to ensure projects are fully complete and control sheets are correct for design and production
• Collaborate with Sales Associates when providing documentation for customer sign offs and hand trials
• Back-up all project design work on the UCM server and accurately record all project information in CPM and e-docs
• Ensure that all project communication is copied to all project team members (Sales, Planning and Design) via email to track progress and changes
• Assist with ongoing maintenance of the carpet pom Library
• Travel (National and International) as required to meet with Clients and conduct mill visits
• Work on special design projects as requested
• Ensure the implementation of and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures
• Ensure high levels of Customer Service are maintained
• Support other Departments as required
• Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable by Company management
• 1+ years of Design experience (carpet design is a plus but not required)
• High level of sketch and drawing abilities required – company will provide training on carpet design
• Degree (preferred) or experience in design
• MS Office Suite proficiency required. Adobe suite, project management software and NedGraphics / Texcelle experience is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.