Senior Manager of Supply Chain & Procurement
If you are looking for a special place to work – this is the unicorn you have been searching for. The culture of this 40+ year old company is incredible. They are 100% pro-employee, pro-customer, pro-supplier. They strive to be their customer’s best supplier and their supplier’s best customer. With outstanding employee compensation and benefits, this is your opportunity to have fun again at work.
The Supply Chain & Procurement Manager comes to work every day focused on ensuring our client has the right supplier relationships, risk mitigation strategies, inventory management processes, and cost savings initiatives in place to ensure their customers continue to view them as their best and most reliable supplier. This Client recognizes their suppliers are critical to their success. This role is responsible for developing long term strategic relationships with the right suppliers and ensuring mutual shared values. Their supplier/buyer relationships are based on candor and trust. They are flexible, honest and always try to be fair.
A very attractive compensation and benefit program (including 100% of Health Insurance Premiums paid and a Profit-Sharing 401K Plan) is available along with relocation help. This is NOT a work from home opportunity. This position is needed at the HQ/Manufacturing location daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive overall sourcing and risk mitigation strategies. Implement strategies and solutions to continuously improve performance, efficiency, productivity, and profitability
• Build long-term relationships with key suppliers that share our values
• Assure adherence to the companies Code of Conduct in interactions with internal and external customers
• Lead the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of customer demand
• Partner closely with Operation Team to optimize and synchronize the supply chain to meet operational goals; anticipate and resolve issues as they arise
• Collaborate with R&D team on new products and alternate raw materials
• Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of longterm savings on procurement spend
• Ensure implementation and updates of needed systems to plan and manage spend, inventory, forecasting, and supply of goods
• Provide key input and guidance into ERP system implementation
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably focused in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or other related field. MBA or other master-level education preferred
• Minimum 8 years Supply Chain, Procurement or Purchasing experience, preferably in the converting industry involving foils, films, paper and adhesive
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Hands-on experience developing strategic long-term supplier relationships and implementing cost savings initiatives
• Experience managing a sourcing spend of $100 million dollars or greater and supporting production facility with multiple manufacturing lines and complex product offering
• Experience managing and developing a team of buyers • A track record of success in developing and implementing short and long-term strategic initiatives
• Ability to build relationships and connect with employees at all levels of organization
• Solution-oriented, strategic mindset directed towards exceeding customer’s expectations
• Comfort and experience working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic work environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to gain trust, engage others, and influence outcomes
• Highly self-motivated with exceptional follow-up and attention to detail
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.