This leading US Owned, Home Fashions/Bedding company, has been a leader in the industry for over 30 years is looking for a Maintenance Manager for their facility in East Central Pennsylvania. Competitive salary including full benefits with 401K, and relocation assistance.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the facilities, layout, and machinery run to their maximum efficiency and output. Provides direction to all Maintenance Mechanics in regard to machine breakdown, maintenance projects, pneumatics, safety and general and preventative maintenance throughout the plant. The person in this role will train and develop team members on an ongoing basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the site maintenance function in providing both proactive and reactive multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure
• Increase site operational performance
• Maintain a Preventive Maintenance program
• Drive Key Performance Indicators ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
• Manage the team on technical best practices and establish standard policies and procedures while also mentoring and leading the department
• Contribute to the creation, documentation and implementation of best practice maintenance vison, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
• Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principles by highlighting deficiencies and driving change in training, working practices and process
• Ensure training and competency of personnel
• Recommend projects and improvement programs. Successfully implement on time and under budget
• Leads by example spending time on “Gemba” conducting observations for the identification and removal of waste in the maintenance and manufacturing processes, taking into consideration people safety, material handling, resources uptime
• Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of maintenance staff
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
• Key member of site Safety Committee
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or Technical Trade School or a combination of education and experience
• Proven knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles
• A solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, textile preferred with 5 years minimum supervisory
• Broad knowledge of engineering and mechanical concepts and have strong time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Microsoft Office program knowledge
• Previous AutoCAD experience a plus
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members
• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.