Director of Design
Provide creative vision and direction for the Company’s apparel products, and to sustain and elevate the Company’s visual design language across all products, in support of the Company’s vision, strategies, and goals. To lead the Design & Development team in executing this vision.
• Creates and presents new product concepts, product designs, and line plans based on comprehensive knowledge of customers, technologies, and apparel industry:
o Researches and tracks new garment technologies to support the Company’s goals and objectives
o Works with Textiles & Technology and Sales teams to exchange information regarding market analysis, trends, new technologies, and customer feedback
• Drives development of and adherence to Company’s Garment Design Language to ensure integrity of Company brand strategy
• Drives the evolution of product concepts into achievable business strategies
• Prioritizes garment development projects in relation to the Company’s strategic vision
• Participates with Sales in discussions with customers relating to product and program opportunities relating to new designs
• Sources new trims suppliers and manufacturing facilities as needed
• Assesses potential Cut and Sew facility sourcing in accordance with Company requirements
• Collaborates with VP Customer Experience to set target garment costing and pricing
• Works closely with Compliance and Quality Assurance team to define performance metrics
• Coordinates photo shoots upon request of Sales team or as needed
• Recommends annual department budget and manages to approved budget
• Participates in strategic planning sessions
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Performs all duties in accordance with Company’s Quality Management System
• Domestic and international travel required
• Excellent understanding of patternmaking, sewing, outerwear/technical garments, line plan development, and process planning
• Strong creative problem-solving skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to write product specifications and be a technical resource for others
• Ability to organize and effectively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Strong leadership skills
• Team-player orientation
• Ability to influence without formal authority
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including strong presentation skills
• Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
• Strong computer skills (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, MRP/ERP systems)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design, or equivalent education or experience
• At least eight years of experience in designing men’s technical apparel, including at least two years of experience in apparel merchandising
• At least three years of experience managing people
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.