This International Flooring company is headquartered near Cartersville, GA and is a leader in the production and sale of cushion vinyl flooring. They also maintain a significant market presence in the sale of numerous other resilient flooring products including LVT, LVP, and Laminate. The parent company holds a major stake in the production of Raw Materials and Semi-Finished Products (Polypropylene, Granules and Fibers) and in Finished Products (Technical Textiles, Cushion Vinyl, Needle Felt, Parquet, Laminate, Tuft, Bath Rugs and Fabrics). They enjoy a major market share globally in these sectors, operating 29 production facilities, 11 sales offices and 8 distribution centers spread over 16 countries.
The Technology Manager manages the technological processes, systems and the R&D team with the aim of formulating, developing and testing process improvements. This role seeks to continuously improve the production processes, product performance and material flows. The role is also responsible for defining, managing & prioritizing the various short to long term product development & innovation projects, defining & tracking the R&D budget spent on new developments, as well as providing technical expertise to customer requests. Projects are defined from customer needs, raw material developments, product and process improvements. Reports to the Plant Manager.
• Defines & manages new process and/or product improvement and/or development (short to mid-term) & innovation (long-term) projects for the local R&D team
• Responsible for defining & setting priorities on the various projects, in agreement with the strategy of the plant and/or general manager, in accordance with current business & customer needs, division or business unit wide
• Responsible for defining & follow-up of the daily work & projects of the local process development engineer and R&D lab technician
• Responsible for implementation of new products on the production line, defining the process settings and transferring it over to production & operations when validated & upscaled completely
• Responsible for estimating the yearly raw material budget quantities based upon sales & product mix received from Sales
• Manages & improves the daily raw material recipe formulations of the different coating layers & coordinate implementation of those recipes with the Compounding & Production Manager on the production line
• Investigates new technology & cost savings opportunities for the business in terms of process technology & raw materials formulation developments
• Collaborates with technical colleagues globally across the different plants to share & transfer best practices in product, process and raw material development
• Coordinates the progress of new R&D projects through the Innovation Funnel with (but not limited to) production, sales, procurement, quality and maintenance
• Organizes + follow-up of product-technical meetings between Sales, Production, Finance, Product Management, Quality to discuss product technical & commercial-technical topics
• Assists the production department to write procedures, SOPs, checklists etc.
• Assists the production department in fast problem solving in a systematic way and defines short-term projects from recurring problems for the R&D team
• Assists the quality department & technical sales with root cause analysis on customer claims
• Assists sales & marketing department with technical expertise in case of customer questions, claims and installation problems
• Coordinates the research of existing technological processes, using the agreed methodology, in order to map and evaluate these processes
• Describes the production processes, based on input of various departments and through the analysis of production performance parameters, in order to identify anomalies, bottlenecks, and losses of quality and return
• Develops proposals to optimize and improve existing processes, in order to contribute to the new, top-quality and cost-efficient production processes
• Implements the proposals to optimize and improve the existing processes, in order to optimally introduce the new processes
• Ensures the application of procedures, registered in the quality system and monitors the contents of the ISO -procedures, – instructions and –documents, applicable within the department
• Complies with the requirements, registered in the quality system, in the work rules, and in the safety and environmental regulations
• Keeps track of evolutions and developments in process technology, keeps knowledge up-to-date according to the evolutions in order to strengthen the credibility by offering a service, continuously based on updated in depth knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a production environment
• Must be a good communicator and able to manage relationships and provide consistent follow up
• Must be a highly organized and motivated individual who is able to meet demands and deadlines
• Must possess good management/people skills
• Must perform well under pressure
• Above-average organizational skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills
• An analytical thinker and a proactive problem solver
• Detail-Oriented. Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask and excel in a fast-paced team environment
• Time Management – Ability to manage multiple shifting priorities and large workloads and maintain a high level of productivity
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
• Domestic and international business travel is required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.