This is a globally competitive supplier of Specialty polymers for the global market including Resins (PET & Recycled PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
This is a Division of one of the largest Companies of this type in the world. They offer great Benefits, 401K with a match, and a 17% bonus plan. Competitive base salary and room for growth.
The Electrical Engineer will provide support, coordination and development for the Columbia, SC facility for Process and Service areas within the following main competencies:
- Provide hands-on electrical engineering support for the daily operations including troubleshooting and resolving electrical/instrumentation reliability issues
- Closely work in a team atmosphere with various functional roles in the routine and non-routine repair of instrumentation, analyzers, variable speed drives/controls and electrical equipment
- Perform technical review of instrumentation system designs and modifications
- Implement improvements and reliability initiatives to improve yields, capacity, cost, energy and safety
- Provide support to maintain site power distribution infrastructure reliability
- Provide and actively participate on electrical engineering definitions, specifications and development for site capital projects
- Maintain updated equipment files and engineering documentation to ensure records accuracy and update
- Work independently or as a member of a team to assess, design, train and implement preventive maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM), and continuous reliability improvement modifications, and perform root cause analysis (RCA) on failed equipment
- Provide electrical engineering support during plant and equipment outages
- Assist with maintenance training and development activities used to enhance the site’s technical base and core competencies
- Adhere to procedures that promote safety, health and welfare for employees and contractors within the facility
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Prefer more than 5 years’ experience as a Plant Electrical/Controls Engineer
- Plant site maintenance and engineering experience for a Petrochemical facility is desired
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s and Drives and MCCs, and AC motors
- Proficient knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, level transmitters, sensors and communication devices and interfaces
- Proficient knowledge of various switchgear equipment with voltages up to 13.8kV
- Knowledge of PM/PDM best practices
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team seeking to continuously improve supply chain performance and customer satisfaction
- Results oriented
- Ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good problem solving and math skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Window Software Suite
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.