Our client is a leading producer of PTA, PET & EPS worldwide, as well as a leading rPET manufacturer in the Americas. They operate one of the largest polypropylene facilities in North America. They have 35 plants across 9 countries with over 7,000 employees.
• Automation Support for Manufacturing Systems using Emerson DeltaV DCS Systems and Allen-Bradley PLCs including programming, graphics development, and system hardware support
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software requirements for projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements and business needs
• Manage projects – defining scope, stakeholder analysis, objectives, timeline, testing phase, implementation and evaluation
• Write control narratives, technical procedures, and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, Troubleshooting procedures, etc.
• Train users on new and existing programs
• Work collaboratively with Maintenance and Operations with commissioning, functional checkout and startup of control equipment and the process that it is on
• Supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying existing and legacy control systems
• Develop and apply communication interfaces between equipment and control systems using various protocols
• Develop and apply DCS/PLC programming
• Develop and apply HMI programming
• All other duties as assigned
• B.S. degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
• DCS Experience in a continuous process environment (Emerson DeltaV preferred)
• PLC Programming experience on Allen-Bradley controllers would be a plus
• Electrical/Control System design
• Familiarity with Windows Server Class OS 2008 and higher, Domain/AD controllers, Windows 10, Windows 7, and basic Ethernet Networking
• Basic understanding of Safety Systems (S84), NFPA 70E (NEC) a plus
• Read and understand project related drawings
• Ability to write documents such as User Requirements, Functional Specifications, Detailed Design Specifications, Hardware and Software installation and configuration procedures, etc.
• Conduct full functional and Factory Acceptance Testing
• Participate in and lead Startup and Commissioning of projects at the customer site
• Develop technical solutions and resolve project issues
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.