We are working with a well-established (85+ years) growing, family-owned and operated, ISO 9001, and leading USA manufacturer of protective apparel for the industrial worker in the toughest industries. With a dozen brands for products including protection for heat and thermal, flash fire, arc flash hazard, flame-resistant, hi visibility flame resistant rainwear and apparel, leather and rubber voltage gloves, industrial workwear, military (FR, cold weather, base layers, combat uniforms, flight suits, etc.), electrical safety PPE, carbon products (thermal, welding, and molten metal protection), mechanical and cut protection apparel/products, and more!
Due to growth, the company is looking for a Product Manager. This position is based in the company’s Cleveland, Ohio headquarters and will report to the Director of Product Management. The position comes with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits.
The primary focus of the Product Manager is to support the goals and strategy of the company, particularly sales growth, by driving the product lifecycle & strategy. This includes utilizing research and analysis to develop a strategy and plan for growth. The PM is responsible for working with Design, R&D, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and other departments within the company to ensure to ensure alignment between customer needs, product strategy, and the company’s overall strategy.
Essential Job Functions: Responsibilities that must be completed:
- Research & Analysis:
- Analyze sales and profitability trends to identify business risk & develop strategies
- Research & evaluate the competitive landscape, customer needs, and industry trends in the various safety apparel markets
- Stay up to date on latest standards and industry requirements
- Serve as the subject matter resource for internal & external customers, conduct trainings, develop copy, etc.
- Product Strategy & Planning:
- Perform regular SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat) analysis to identify strategies for selling against competitive products & gaining market share
- Inventory management including analysis and recommendation of product mix and optimal inventory levels
- Utilize research & analysis to develop business cases for new products & projects
- Product Maintenance & Development:
- Ensure products are meeting brand promise, quality standards, and profit goals
- Evaluate & approve solutions for cost cutting, increasing efficiency, and product improvement
- Drive and plan the development, commercialization, and launch of innovative products to meet customer and market needs
- Develop and communicate goals, expectations, and responsibilities surrounding the product to the appropriate teams and management
- Product Marketing & Sales Strategy:
- Collaborate with marketing on product messaging, go to market strategy, product promotions, campaigns, and marketing materials
- Drive product content creation and provide related information/expertise
- Work with sales to analyze distributor product mix and identify products and opportunities for growth
- Education & Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in product development, product management, and/or related experience in the safety apparel industry
- MS Office Suite proficiency with strong Excel skills
- ERP, Tableau, Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy and demanding environment
- Fast learner with the ability to understand complex technical information and data
- Business expertise
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint competency
- Highly self-motivated individual with a desire to learn and develop new and existing skills
- Ability to lead, communicate, and collaborate effectively with cross functional teams
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems, analyze data and systems
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization, time management and project management
- Understanding of customer service and a desire to meet the needs of customers
- Familiarity with market research, consumer’s behavior, and marketing techniques
- Ability to work individually on projects
- Understanding and experience with product development
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.