Forecasting & Inventory Manager
This US Owned company has a long history of success and is continuing to reinvent itself. They make a top-quality product and are a leader in their niche. They manufacture domestically and overseas in Asia. They offer base + bonus and full benefits. We are searching for a local candidate but would offer some relocation assistance. This position will report into their HQ and is not a remote position.
Reports To: VP Supply Chain Operations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 7 plus years of progressive forecasting and inventory planning management experience
Reporting to the Vice President of Supply Chain Operations, the Forecasting and Inventory Planning Manager is responsible for all planning, forecasting, and inventory management activities. Maintains forecasting models and builds supplier purchasing plans through business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, retailer replenishment analysts, history, and other sources.
The position partners with key stakeholders to forecast demand, schedule buy plans, and establish appropriate safety stock levels to ensure that product stock is optimal to provide high levels of customer service and help the company achieve its revenue and profitability objectives.
- Maintain forecasts by key customers in the Optimiza planning system. Monitors the functionality and proper operation of the Optimiza system. Leads all forecasting activities, develops buy plan recommendations, and is involved with internal and external communications to customer service, warehouse staff, sales/marketing, product managers, and suppliers
- Manages key account forecasts by using a collaborative and consensus approach with the sales organization. Coordinates monthly meetings with Sales to review and update forecasts by key customers
- Monitors all forecasts at the item level, reviews customer order activity against forecasts, and adjusts the forecasts and buy plan as needed. Monitors finished goods inventories to ensure optimal levels are on hand to service customers
- Develops and monitors account forecasts to maintain proper alignment between budget and forecasts
- Works closely with sales and product managers on the addition and deletion of styles/SKUs
- Monitor’s excess and obsolete inventories and issues a monthly report to management
- Interacts with customer service, warehouse staff, and the sales team on inventory shortages which will adversely impact customer service. Makes recommendations to Purchasing to expedite shipment activity
- Reports to management on a regular basis situations and events that might affect inventory investments, customer service, working capital, etc.
- Utilizes knowledge of suppliers and global supply chain to make recommendations to ensure the timely placement of P.O.’s and the timely receipt of inventory
- Works closely with VP Supply Chain Operations on the development strategy associated with new suppliers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration and 7 plus years of progressive experience in forecasting and inventory planning management. Forecasting and inventory planning experience is a position requirement. Experienced in supply chain, imports, consumer products, and the servicing of large national retailers. Must be able to build rapport with cross-functional colleagues and influence others with recommendations backed by solid analytics
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical mind with strong propensity for numbers and analytics
- Ability to balance conflicting goals: achieving high levels of customer service while meeting inventory and cost objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills. Must be able to build rapport with internal sales team, product development, operations and external customers
- Demonstrated proficiency in material planning and ERP inventory management systems
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective in challenging the status quo and making recommendations to improve upon current processes
- Able to take measured risks and display good judgment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in international supply chain
- Strong system and computer skills (Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to multi-task between varied projects, including ability to assess and manage priorities
- Detail orientated
- Excellent supplier relationship management and communication skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.