Plant Manager, Apparel
We are working with a well- established (85+ years) growing, family-owned and operated, ISO 9001, and leading USA manufacturer of protective apparel for the industrial worker in the toughest industries. The company has more than a dozen brands for products including protection for heat and thermal, flash fire, arc flash hazard, flame-resistant, hi visibility flame resistant rainwear and apparel, leather and rubber voltage gloves, industrial workwear, military (FR, cold weather, base layers, combat uniforms, flight suits, etc.), electrical safety PPE, carbon products (thermal, welding, and molten metal protection), mechanical and cut protection apparel/products, and more! Company has 4 production facilities in the US.
Due to growth, the company is looking for a Plant Manager to oversee their safety apparel and glove manufacturing facility – note, moving to a new facility at the beginning of 2023. This position is based in the company’s Chicago facility and will report to the EVP of Operations. The position comes with a competitive base salary, excellent benefits, and relocation package for qualified candidates.
- Manage the overall production operations of the plant
- Monitor labor, efficiency, output, materials, safety, factory assets and plant expenses according to budgets while exceeding quality and production requirements
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning – Establish and monitor adherence to daily, weekly, monthly, and annual production plan to meet corporate goals and customer expectations
- Monitor Purchasing of all supplies to ensure adequate inventory is available to match production demand
- Ensure that cost containment is achieved without sacrificing quality
- Execution – Meeting or exceeding measurable operational goals (cost, service, and quality)
- Safety – Establish and maintain ergonomically sound safety rules, practices and procedures to assure the safety of our partners, building, ground and machinery at all plant operations
- Human Resources Management – Recruit, train and motivate direct reports
- Policies and Procedures – Thoroughly understand corporate policies/procedures and ensure they are followed and adhered to
- Process Improvement (PI): Identify areas for improvement in such areas as cost, quality, and delivery
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma methodology and engineering analysis (GSD) where applicable and document results
- Monitor quality and efficiency numbers to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded
- Directly supervise Production Supervisors to ensure efficient plant operations
- Perform other tasks as required by the Director of International Supply Chain
- Necessary training will be provided on the job and supplemented with seminars and outside classes and improvement opportunities
- Education & Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of manufacturing operations experience and supervisory experience
- Process engineering
- Industry 4.0
- Lean Six Sigma
- IOT (Internet of Things) experience
- Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin andor Spanish
- Personal/Motivational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Principles of Leadership
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.