Forecasting and Inventory Planner
This is a well-established 100-year-old brand in the Workwear/Apparel Industry. They are one of the most financially stable companies in the industry. They are recognized as a high-quality provider with a strong brand heritage. The company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with skills, abilities, and experience, including an incentive compensation plan, educational assistance, comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance benefits, and 401k plan with company matching. Hybrid office, 2-3 days a week. Great culture and room for growth.
Reporting to the Forecasting and Inventory Planning Manager, the Forecasting and Inventory Planner is responsible for all planning, forecasting, and inventory management activities. Maintains forecasting models and builds supplier purchasing plans through business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, retailer replenishment analysts, history, and other sources. The position partners with key stakeholders to forecast demand, schedule buy plans, and establish appropriate safety stock levels to ensure that product stock is optimal to provide high levels of customer service and help the company achieve its revenue and profitability objectives.
- Maintain forecasts by key customers in the demand planning system. Monitors the functionality and proper operation of the demand planning system. Participates in all forecasting activities, develops buy plan recommendations, and is involved with internal and external communications to customer service, warehouse staff, sales/marketing, product managers, and suppliers
- Contributes to the management of key account forecasts by using a collaborative and consensus approach with the sales organization. Coordinates monthly meetings with sales department lead to review and update forecasts by key customers
- Monitors all forecasts at the item level, reviews customer order activity against forecasts, and adjusts the forecasts and buy plan as needed. Monitors finished goods inventories to ensure optimal levels are on hand to service customers
- Works closely with sales and product managers on the addition and deletion of styles/SKU’s
- Manages excess and obsolete inventories and issues a monthly report to management
- Interacts with customer service, warehouse staff, and the sales team on inventory shortages which will adversely impact customer service. Makes recommendations to Purchasing to expedite shipment activity
- Reports to inline manager on a regular basis situations and events that might affect inventory investments, customer service, working capital, etc.
- Utilizes knowledge of suppliers and global supply chain to make recommendations to ensure the timely placement of P.O.’s and the timely receipt of inventory
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration and 2-3 plus years of progressive experience in forecasting and inventory planning
- Forecasting and inventory planning experience is a position requirement
- Experienced in supply chain, imports, consumer products, and the servicing of large national retailers
- Must be able to build rapport with cross-functional colleagues and influence others with recommendations backed by solid analytics
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical mind with strong propensity for numbers and analytics
- Ability to balance conflicting goals: achieving high levels of customer service while meeting inventory and cost objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills. Must be able to build rapport with internal sales team, product development, operations, and external customers
- Demonstrated proficiency in material planning and ERP inventory management systems
- Effective in challenging the status quo and making recommendations to improve upon current processes
- Able to take measured risks and display good judgment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in international supply chain (a plus)
- Strong system and computer skills (Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to multi-task between varied projects, including ability to assess and manage priorities
- Detail orientated
- Excellent supplier relationship management and communication skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.