Product Development Manager
This company is a fast-growing leader in the pet products industry, designing, manufacturing, and selling premium quality branded pet beds and accessories. We are currently seeking a Product Development Manager to add to our team.
Do you have experience in home textiles, merchandising, marketing or product development? Are you an organized multi-tasker who thrives in a busy, fast-paced entrepreneurial-type environment? Are communication and collaboration with internal support teams, external stakeholders, and customers a strength for you? Do you prefer the “hands-on” feel of a smaller company and the rewarding feeling that comes with making a difference?
A successful Product Development Manager will drive creative, innovative development in the pet category, and manage the life cycle of product from inception to POS. This role will interface with our sales team and key account buyers to develop new styles that meet the needs of the market and win new placements to expand overall market share. With limited supervision, the candidate will work independently on assigned projects while contributing to collaborative efforts within the team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our Product Development and Sales Team to develop, source and market new products
- Lead the sourcing and sample process to meet deadlines on customer presentations and pricing strategy
- Work with our China based parent company to ensure products meet design requirements and communicate variances along with recommended corrective measures
- Analyze and present trends based on competitive analysis, retailer assortments and trade publications
- Develop product specifications including required labels, case packs, carton weights, critical dimensions, and final packaging necessary to manufacture the product
- Work directly with manufacturing to establish capabilities and monitor production performance
- Responsible for competitive shopping to maintain assortment detail for current and potential key accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 to 4 years of relative work experience
- Intermediate MS Office Skills including PowerPoint
- Experience in Textiles and China Production.
- Sales/Merchandising experience is a plus
- Previous experience using ERP software or strong analytical skills desired
Must be available to work in an office environment. This is not a remote position.
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.