Product Development Manager
This leading and innovative supplier of Bedding, Sleep, and Home Comfort Products, with proprietary products and coveted national brands is growing and looking for a Product Development Manager preferably based in their Charlotte, NC facility. Company may consider NY based candidates, but preference is for person to be located in their NC facility.
The Product Development Manager will create and design products for the company’s core businesses that demand constant innovation for top of bed, utility bedding, mattress and comfort/sleep accessories. The position will own the full life cycle of product development functions and must establish and manage relationships with various fabric, materials science, polyurethane foam manufacturers, and packaging suppliers and ensure the company is on the leading edge of innovations. Will be expected to curate entire assortments and product suites that can be merchandised in store and online. Position is responsible for design, pricing, and overall promotion of the product categories to maximize consumer appeal. The Position will report to the Vice President, Commercialization.
- Trend forecasting: Update sales and marketing teams on product trends from aesthetics, comfort levels, SKU counts, packaging, and curation
- Re-engineering: Assist in the redesign and refresh of aging items
- Product Suite Curation: Oversee top of bed product lines to ensure proper merchandising and brand alignment
- Promotional: Develop and recommend promotions and marketing activities to improve market share
- Develop go-to-market strategy: Create and execute a roll-out strategy for broad market penetration within retailer communities for company and licensed brands
- Product selection: Advise company leadership on the product needs based on aesthetics, SKU counts, packaging, and digital assets in a manner that communicates a clear brand mission
- Use industry relationships to stimulate retailer and vendor interest, engagement, and attendance at company showrooms
- Travel up to 4 times per year to various showrooms and industry trade shows in the US, work with major distributors and top 100 furniture retailers. Estimated travel will be 10%-20%
- Merchandising/Display Development: Work with distributors and retailers to manage unique customer specs and coordinate shipments of merchandise/display fixtures to customers
- At least 3 years of Product Development experience in the basic bedding world (top of bed products, accessories, sleep technologies and brands)
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative, Illustrator/Photoshop is helpful
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with domestic and international teams
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, history of meeting deadlines
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.