This is a US Global Textile Manufacturer of Fiber and Fabrics for multiple markets from Apparel, Footwear and Performance Materials. They have sales over $1B and are growing and setting the company up for future success with multimillion dollar investments in plants and infrastructure. Full benefits, no need to relocate, room for advancement.
To lead and manage manufacturing activities in their plant or department which includes Blending, Preparation, Spinning, Twisting, Final Winding of High-Performance Yarns in compliance with the highest HSE, quality and service standards and global best practices, with the best available efficiency of machinery, productivity of labor and continuous improvement of the key production performance indicators with engaged employees working as a team.
Provide H&S and Environment and Compliance Standards:
- Ensure that Health & Safety and Environmental & Compliance standards are maintained
- Ensure that risk assessment of all processes within the area of responsibility are done and necessary instructions and protective equipment are determined for H&S and protection of environment
- Ensure that the employees are trained in working safely in their respective processes with due reference to risks involved and PPE required and environment friendly operation
- Monitor the operations in order to ensure that the H&S and Environmental standards are maintained all the time
- Responsible for the implementation of, and compliance with the relevant country legal, environmental, health and safety, fire, employment laws, regulations, legislations, acts and similar for the company’s policies in the unit the area of responsibility
- Lead the unit/department in the sustainability strategy implementation being responsible for the sustainability targets achievement (reducing the use of natural resources, minimizing the environmental footprint and seek to create a safe and sustainable workplace)
Implement Best Practices and SOPS for the production of High-Performance Yarns:
- Monitor & align manufacturing processes with the industry best practices
- Ensure adherence to globally specified product routings (use of Product DNA) & raw material specifications
- Establish and Implement the best practice manufacturing structures & mechanisms
- Ensure that quality standards (ISO etc.) are adhered to by all production processes
- Ensure that all employees are trained for the requirements of the processes they are working in
- Ensure that the inventory in SAP is matching with the physical inventory in shop floor and side lines
Improve Productivity, Quality and Service:
- Implement Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Industrial Engineering techniques in the area of responsibility in order to increase productivity, improve quality and service, and decrease cost. (NB – this is a highly competitive arena and we must continually drive down costs without compromising quality)
- Ensure that the employees in the relevant processes are trained in LSS and IE methodology.
- Ensure that the processes are set up in line with the LSS and IE methodology
- Monitor the processes to ensure that Continuous Improvement in all KPIs are achieved.
- Deliver the customers’ exact quality and quantity requirements at the right time with lowest cost
- Ensure that all company assets are used effectively and efficiently and the processes under the area of responsibility are capable of fulfilling the current and future requirements of the business in line with the strategy
Right People in the Right Position, Build A Team and Develop People:
- Lead and manage the employees within the area of responsibility in compliance with the company’s principles in order to achieve the business objectives set in the Plan and strategy
- Ensure that there are sufficient number of employees at the respective processes and positions with the required qualifications to deliver the planned quality and volume
- Act as a role model for all employees by embodying the 3 goals & 5 principles and ethical standards of the company
- Ensure that legal as well as company’s standards are complied with in all aspects in all processes and by all employees
- Ensure that teamwork and an atmosphere contributing to increased employee engagement are maintained within the area of responsibility
- Use the disciplinary process when there is a clear need
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.