Director of Raw Materials
Due to increased and sustainable growth, this leading Apparel Manufacturing and Supply Chain provider of Sports, Team, and Licensed Products in the Western hemisphere is looking for a Director of Raw Materials in their Charlotte, NC location.
The Director of Raw Materials is an experienced leader responsible for collaborating with a diverse customer base and cross-functional team. He/She provides support for the customers and mills to execute development on behalf of the sourcing strategy. Work with the Product Development and Manufacturing/Production teams to bring the concept to market.
- Lead and influence strategic ideas and decision making that will drive the business forward; including interfacing with internal & customer leadership to ensure best results
- Collaborate with brands to ensure sourcing strategies meet the current and future needs
- Collaborate with Product Development, Quality, Order Management & Procurement on key deliverables to mitigate risk and meet business goals
- Create and maintain fabric library including fabric spec sheets, testing reports, preproduction commercial readiness approval
- Develop and manage vendor and regional partnerships throughout all levels of supply chain
- Provide strategic direction regarding the product costing process; Offering suggestions to reduce cost to customer & product development team as it relates to material
- Manage strategic cost negotiation and support sourcing discoveries
- Onboard / train mills on company strategies and process improvements
- Coach and train product development and production/manufacturing team on material, trims, and technical
- Offer support to Plant Managers and Quality regarding receipt of bulk material & installing fabric inspection process
- Support initiatives with customers connecting requests and material/color development to feasibility in bulk production
- Validate bulk production cost
- Travel up to 40% mostly domestic with limited/potential travel to Central America
- 10-15 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of apparel, manufacturing, labor, costing, P&L
- Knowledge on different fabric constructions, testing parameters, color work, and processing conditions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage multiple projects at same time and set priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing, high growth environment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Textiles or Textile Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.