Junior Product Designer
This International Flooring company is headquartered near Cartersville, GA and is a leader in the production and sale of cushion vinyl flooring. They also maintain a significant market presence in the sale of numerous other resilient flooring products including LVT, LVP, and Laminate. The parent company holds a major stake in the production of raw materials and semi-finished products (polypropylene, granules and fibers) and in finished products (technical textiles, cushion vinyl, needle felt, parquet, laminate, tuft, bath rugs and fabrics). They enjoy a major market share globally in these sectors, operating 29 production facilities, 11 sales offices and 8 distribution centers spread over 16 countries.
Ensures approval of SKU’s in production by assisting the product design supervisor, lab supervisor and colorist. Position reports to Product Design Supervisor.
- Helps maintain the product design timetable
- Tests new design concepts by creating a color pallet with AVA
- Carries out color development for sales order requests
- Maintains customer weekly reports
- Assists product design supervisor on Versatrim product system and color approval
- Creates sales orders in SAP and distributes to the lab, or warehouse
- Communicates with customers internally/externally on shipping schedules
- Creates meter cuts for all new approved SKU’s per collection
- Helps organize the design lab, (Rolands and backroom.)
- Helps set up for customer visits and presentations
- Creates high-res files of all new SKU’s
This job description covers the basic functions of the job and is not intended to provide a complete listing of daily tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Product Design; experience in design exploration and production techniques. Hands-on digital design skills. Knowledge of design trends and market segments
- Considerable skills working with Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Minimum of 3 years of experience (Willingness to engage in a software assignment review)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics: Upholds organizational values
- Accuracy: Your work is correct and error free and is performed within company policies and guidelines
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Dependability: Able to perform shift work. Arrives at work on time, consistently completing each shift
- Adaptability Able to fit into a fast-paced changing work environment
- Communication, Oral & Written: Able to communicate clearly, giving and receiving feedback with co-workers and management as needed
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.