Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and distributors of high-quality medical, personal care and industrial textiles with facilities all over the globe! They are now establishing Canada’s first full scale melt blown material manufacturing facility and developing new related technologies.
We have an exclusive search for a General Manager to launch this new melt blown facility/business. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who takes a rigorous approach to meet agreed upon objectives. He/she is both a leader of teams, and a problem solver who can bring creative, yet practical solutions to operating challenges. Additional qualities include: ability to anticipate problems and keep stakeholders fully informed in an appropriate manner. High level of integrity and personal ethics. Work visa in Canada will be on option for US candidates.
- Strong technical/engineering knowledge of melt blown materials and a capability to collaborate with the team and to operationalize innovation projects
- Interest and experience in working with R&D to develop and implement innovative, proprietary technical solution
- Senior Melt blown manufacturing experience
- Commercial experience to oversee the development of third-party customer opportunities
- Capacity to support efforts to develop an integrated global supply management filter material and manufacturing optimization
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing and engineering experience, ideally in the non-woven sector. Candidates who bring relevant experience in analogous operating environments will be considered provided they can demonstrate adaptability through multi-disciplinary roles
- Both technical and senior managerial experience is required
- Minimum BS in Engineering or related, MS or MBA ideal!
- French language huge plus!
- Oversee the implementation and launch of a full-scale commercial melt blown facility in Canada
- Act as the General Manager of the operation with full P&L responsibility
- Coordinate support services to be provided by affiliated company on a contract basis (i.e.: HR, IT, accounting)
- Recruit and lead a team of 20-30
- Liaise with R&D to achieve identified research objectives
- Report to stakeholders including: owners, government financing entities, customers
- Oversee development of third-party customer relationships in Canada after operations are stabilized
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.