Vice President, Merchandising
US Owned, financially stable home décor company. Well respected, high end company with multiple product lines. Solid team in place, continuing to grow. Soft Home, Hard Home, Furniture and Lighting. Solid benefits. This is not WFH. Company will offer a relocation package.
We are looking for a Senior Merchant, someone that can run multiple product lines and can lead teams. We are looking for someone at a VP or SVP level in Merchandising that comes from a luxury background. It could be from Lighting, Furniture or Décor. Depending on the person’s background, you might lead all these areas.
The Vice President, Merchandising leads multiple assigned departments and the development of consumer-relevant products that deliver against strategic, financial and brand equity objectives. This role is accountable for product strategy whilst achieving financial goals.
• Live Our Vision, Values & Beliefs every day
• Set challenging and productive goals for the entire cross-functional team whilst holding them accountable
• Lead, mentor and develop your direct team and the business
• Strategize long and short-term goals
• Develop and ensure execution of Merchandising strategies
• Strategically interpret and align consumer insight to all aspects of business
• Drive and execute product assortment strategies to deliver sales and margin forecasts
• Present product strategy assortment to Senior Leadership on a regular basis
• Drive calendar to meet crucial dates and hold team accountable
• Lead weekly and monthly financial review meetings, identifying corrective action necessary to maximize sales and margin
• Lead the financial forecast of the business, partnering with Planning Leaders
• 12+ years experience leading and inspiring a successful merchandising team at a senior level
• Highly attuned to merchandising trends in the marketplace
• Understand nuances in consumer behavior and competitive pressures
• Preferred experience within Lighting, Decor and/or Furniture
• Proven ability to influence and persuade others
• Ability to engage and inspire a wide variety of partners, stakeholders, and team members
• Strong innovation, communication, and collaboration skills to present merchandising direction in a compelling manner
• Strong planning and organizational skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.