This company is a leader in the advanced material industry that helps support the technology market. A $2 billion global company with manufacturing facilities around the world. They are doing extremely well with orders back filled for the next 2 years! They care about employees from the top down. Great team environment that’s passionate about their work. Great benefits. A 401(K) plan with an impressive employer match that’s all yours- no vesting! A progressive PTO policy that empowers their employees to take the time they need to recharge! And did I mention, the location is BEAUTIFUL!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing EHS programs and procedures along with continuously assessing performance through audits and inspections to verify comprehension of my clients’ global policies, regulatory requirements, and industry best standards.
As the primary EHS resource for this site, this position will play a critical role in driving a proactive culture in creating an injury free work environment, promoting new initiatives, and achieving industry best performance. This position is also one of the key members participating on the site’s Safety Leadership Teams (SLT).
- Responsible for development, implementation, and periodic review/updates of EHS programs
- Assignment Complexity: Must be able to respond to proactive measures and implement immediate and effective corrective actions to eliminate safety hazards. Must be able to interact with site management to direct and implement effective policies and procedures. Must demonstrate effective problem-solving ability
- Accountability/Discretion: Will be responsible for implementing EH&S policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and best management practices. Position will have the discretion to shut down equipment, tools, projects when there is an imminent hazard to the health and well-being of employees, and to protect company property and the environment
- Working Relationships: Must demonstrate effective communication and develop working relationships with site management, front line supervision, as well as, other employees
- Scope: Understand and appropriately influence company strategy as related to EHS compliance and program implementation at the site level
Education and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of EHS experience or 5 years in an industrial environment where there was a strong emphasis on health & safety, or a B.S. in Environmental Science, Health and Safety, engineering, or Applied Sciences degree
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations, industry standards and best management practices pertaining to occupational health & safety
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to develop relationships quickly and effectively at all levels throughout the company
- Knowledge of hazardous materials management, environmental regulations a plus
- Comfortable with leading health & safety training
- Ability to work with people in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both on a written and oral basis
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.