EHS Senior Manager
This company is a leader in the Advanced Material industry that helps support the Technology market. A $2 billion global company with manufacturing facilities around the world. They are doing extremely well with orders back filled for the next 2 years! They care about employees from the top down. Great team environment that’s passionate about their work. Great benefits. A 401(K) plan with an impressive employer match that’s all yours, no vesting! A progressive PTO policy that empowers their employees to take the time they need to recharge! And did I mention, the location is BEAUTIFUL!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Senior Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of EH&S programs, policies, procedures, and auditing functions for sites located at our 4 sites (2 in CA, UT, & AZ). This position will have the unique challenge of providing EHS leadership and meeting internal customer requirements for sites residing in both the Advanced Materials Handling (AMH) and Micro-Contamination (MC) divisions. Assures compliance with employee occupational health, safety and environmental laws, ordinances, and regulations, along with applicable Company policies and procedures
This role is a member of our EHS senior management team and will report directly to the Vice President, Global EHS and work closely with the AMH and MC Operations senior management, R&D, and respective site leaders in creating an injury free work environment, leading new initiatives, and achieving industry best performance. While serving as the senior EHS leader on site at our CA plant, this person will also provide EHS oversight for 3 other smaller sites which will require approximately 10% travel
- Responsible for development/implementation and periodic review/updates of EH&S programs
- Assignment Complexity – Must be able to take proactive measures to implement immediate and effective corrective actions to eliminate safety hazards. Must be able to interact with upper management to direct and implement effective policies and procedures. Must demonstrate effective problem-solving ability;
- Accountability/Discretion: Will be responsible for implementing EH&S policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and best management practices. Position will have the discretion to shut down equipment, tools, projects and when there is an imminent hazard to the health and well-being of employees, and to protect company property and the environment;
- Working Relationships: Must demonstrate effective communication and develop working relationships with senior management, front line supervision, as well as, other employees
- Scope: Understand and appropriately influence company strategy as related to EHS compliance and program implementation at the division & site level
Education and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct EHS experience within an industrial manufacturing environment and 4 years within a leadership role – chemical or semiconductor experience is a plus
- B.S. in Environmental/Health and Safety Science, engineering, or Applied Sciences degree is required
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations, industry standards and best management practices pertaining to occupational health & safety; expertise in Cal/OSHA regulations a plus
- Knowledge of California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA), more specifically the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB), Regional Water Quality Control Boards (RWQCBs), California Air Resources Board (CARB), and the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)
- Experience with developing and promoting environmental sustainability initiatives
- Knowledge of hazardous materials management, environmental regulations
- Skills and experience in employee development and training
- Ability to read blueprints & P&ID’s
- High level of initiative
- Good communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- High level of teamwork and ownership
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.