Senior Operations Manager
This is a 50+ year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 50+-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual & to speak your mind
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At our company, working together is the rule, not the exception
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it
Since this company’s founding, our family-owned design house has been synonymous with style, taste and innovation and always ahead of the pack. We’re driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark.
We champion individual style and the collective practice of transformational interior design. We create it. We supply it. We support it. We celebrate it. We also partner with the most brilliant trendsetters in design and fashion to advance it. And we want to bring it to as many people and into as many homes as possible.
The Operations Senior Manager supports the VP of Design to drive top line growth and bottom-line returns. Their digital wallpaper production facility is an independently operating business unit of the parent company, functioning as a growth-stage startup with the resources of an established organization and serving both direct-to-consumer and bulk/volume channels. This is an exciting and highly visible position that plays an important role in shaping, supporting, and monitoring the future of the company’s manufacturing operation.
Effectively drive efficiency and scale in production:
- Drive growth through both the direct-to-consumer and the bulk /volume channels
- Define quarterly, annual, and multi-year strategy in collaboration with VP of Design, VP of Ops, and VP of Merchandizing
- Set ambitious goals for operational metrics (e.g., production, utilization) and manage against them
- Assess operations and financials proactively to identify and pursue growth opportunities
- Observe for inefficiencies and problem-solve, being creative and flexible in solutioning
- Develop and manage plans to implement changes in business
- Guide development and implementation of new ERP software and scheduling system to manage production
- Interface with suppliers to identify and drive cost saving opportunities
Manage and motivate production team of 5+ people:
- Collaborate on site with the production team
- Drive proactive, goal-oriented culture for the team
- Empower team members to share ideas for operational improvements and make changes to improve efficiency
- Lead weekly Op’s meetings with production team to discuss goals and identify concerns
- Oversee & drive hiring decisions for positions required to scale production (as needed)
Analytics and modeling to drive business decisions:
- Model expected demand to inform our capacity to take new orders and/or produce additional SKUs
- Build and manage reports to track key metrics and empower team members with data
- Analyze data to find actionable insights that lead to great business decisions and new opportunities
- Build basic financial models to assess new business opportunities and monitor ongoing performance
- Demonstrate great judgment in quickly forming actionable, data-driven conclusions in the face of uncertainty
Communicate effectively with the rest of the business:
- Serve as liaison between this business unit and other teams across the company to identify opportunities for improvement and troubleshoot as needed
- Communicate capacity to internal customers (the Merchandizing team) to inform ordering approach
- Report on production and financial performance to stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate as necessary to produce content that communicates work to the Board of Directors and the Company at large
- Play an active role in broader company strategic & operational planning discussions pertaining to this business
- Demonstrated passion for excellence in operations, analysis, and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Goal-oriented and willing to do what it takes to achieve production goals
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to work flexibly as business needs change
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Action oriented and enjoys working hard/smart
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and be resourceful and creative in finding solutions
- Enjoy challenges
- Team player, cooperative, easily gains trust and supports peers
- Inspires and empowers team members
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Highly skilled in MS Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Familiarity with ERP software and production scheduling
Education and Experience:
- 2-4 years’ floor management experience in manufacturing environment, ideally in digital production or wallpaper/textile manufacturing OR…
- 3-5 years’ experience in an operations ownership role, with end-to-end responsibility for management of a physical space OR…
- 3-5 years’ management consulting experience with proven operational excellence and ability to execute end-to-end
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.