Director of Purchasing and Planning
Our partner is a family-run business that was originally founded 40 years ago as a contract manufacturer of sheeting. Today, they are a nationally recognized enterprise housing several successful brands. They sell directly to a wide variety of retailers, like furniture and mattress stores and national retail chains, as well as eCommerce channels. Their leadership has built a fantastic culture and remain very involved in the business.
Their headquarters is located just outside of Birmingham, AL. The area is a great destination for a quiet lifestyle but still commutable to major urban cities.
The Director of Purchasing and Planning leads and directs the Planning and Purchasing teams while coordinating with key members of the organization about allocation to deliver business goals. This individual leads the build-out of the company’s demand planning to effectively support the supply chain management process of planning and communicating demand so that our products can be reliably delivered. The DPP must supervise a team of planners on delivering accurate production plans, aligning inventory levels with peaks and valleys in demand. Additionally, the DPP ensures the team proactively stays ahead of the market and makes decisions based on market data and historical data. The DPP also oversees the buying of materials and supplies for production, including the negotiating of prices with vendors, identifying, and evaluating the quality of products from vendors, and managing inventory.
This position is in fully on-site.
- Work collaboratively with Operations, Sales and Finance to build out the consensus production planning process
- Develop effective production plans, balancing the needs from customers, inventory levels, and qualification processes
- Develop and lead the production planning team, ensuring planners employ effective planning tools, processes, and systems
- Ensure all facilities have the necessary ingredients to support production
- Optimize production planning to drive maximum customer satisfaction at the lowest possible production costs
- Create purchasing and procurement policies
- Negotiate pricing and source products from vendors
- Identify and evaluate the quality of goods from vendors
- Manage inventory, ensuring accurate levels of raw materials for production needs are available and that finished goods are kept at an acceptable level for customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years of experience in a similar role in a textile manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to work well in a team environment, and strong communication skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.