Distribution & Warehouse Manager
Large and growing Home Textile Company – US owned and US Manufacturing with multiple facilities in US and Canada that supplies all major retailers and eCommerce players including Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond to name a few. Company is seeking a Distribution & Warehouse Manager for their 300K sq. foot facility between Fort Worth and Dallas, Texas. Position reports to the Plant Manager. Company offers a competitive base salary, full benefits and 401K match.
Direct activities in the Distribution and Warehouse departments of the factory, with the objective of shipping product to our customers on-time and in the right quantity required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position is responsible for three departments, Receiving, Inventory Control, FG Distribution
- Responsible for planning and scheduling inbound material shipments and containers
- Ensure all inbound materials purchase orders are received accurately and that errors are identified and resolved timely
- Maintain raw material and finished goods inventory accuracy at a targeted 98%
- Ensure proper staffing for each department workload
- Measure and track individual and team performance and productivity
- Ensure department staff receives proper training; LTO, inventory systems and scanning, safety, housekeeping, etc.
- Adhere to regulatory compliance policies, quality control practices, OSHA and other government and company regulations and policies
- Work with department leaders to manage weekly cycle count and annual physical inventory activities
- Assist in managing lift truck fleet
- Responsible for ordering certain materials, supplies, corrugate, etc.
- Manage the FG warehouse
- Production receipt, product location accuracy, outbound shipment preparation and loading
- Direct ecom shipment operation
- Works closely with outbound customer shipment routing team
- Develop waste reduction processes and programs related to space, materials, and indirect labor utilization
- Manage 3PL warehouse inventory, inbound and outbound shipments
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, logistics or related field
- Proven inventory control/WMS skills, preferably with LPN controls
- Experience with inbound and outbound warehouse activities and functions
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to identify and correct nonconformance
- Strong leadership, communication, associate involvement, project, and program management skills
- Lean manufacturing/warehouse principles
- Proven process improvement experience
- Solid computer skills: Microsoft Office and ERP software (Oracle or similar)
- Experience managing multishift departments
- Ability to travel if needed
What Success Means for The Person in This Position:
- Implement inventory control systems that yield savings of the person’s annual salary
- It will create a conducive environment for continuous improvement
- Help the plant achieve productivity, efficiency and on-time delivery goals
- Mentor and develop direct reports for their next position
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.