Key Account Manager, Wal-Mart
Dominant Home Fashions company, been established in the US for 30 years. They are in just about every soft category for Home and do some hard goods too. Multiple offices across the US. They have a very nice pet products business that continues to grow.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) for Walmart is responsible for supporting the Vice President of Sales in the development and execution of the Omni sales plan across multiple categories within the Home business. Successful candidates will work in collaboration with our Omni Sales Team, Sales Planning, and Supply Chain to develop sustainable growth strategies.
This role will lead the sales and growth strategy for the identified categories and provide guidance and support in developing and achieving both Company and Walmart strategies.
- Category Selling, Business Planning & Execution:
- Plan, build and execute the annual customer business plan for the agreed upon Home & Pet categories (D14, D17, D8, D20, D22)
- Interact with Walmart merchant to drive sales growth and execution of business plan
- Leverage category development, marketing, financial and supply chain resources in the development and activation of customer category business plans
- Responsible for accurate forecast and attainment
- Own line review presentations and sell-in with Walmart
- Own development, presentation and follow-ups of customer specific meetings
- Track progress and conduct timely touch base meetings with Walmart merchant; make plan adjustments as necessary
- Monitor the competitors’ brands and products as well as our market share, competitor market share and target market share to understand shopper trends and opportunities; communicate findings to appropriate sales, product development and merchandising teams
- Communication, Coordination, & Collaboration:
- Communicate customer/category information in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure retail execution with partners is aligned with customer category business plan
- Communicate effectively with sales leader, supply chain, sales planning, finance and all internal and external partners
- Financial Management:
- Lead customer negotiations
- Drive customer P&L management
- Lead assortment strategy and mix management
- Own input and maintenance of sales budget and POS forecasting
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar field or relevant work experience in sales or retail merchandising
- Experience working with Walmart and Walmart.com (Required)
- Flexible schedule to travel
Job Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience in sales
- High level knowledge and understanding working with Retail link, Item 360, ability to run, comprehend and communicate report findings
- Selling experience within Walmart home division, preferably across multiple categories and departments
- Ability to operate independently given direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
- Ability to analyze and assess organizational needs and provide solutions accordingly
- Strong project planning, tracking and organizing skills
- Ethical conduct
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.