Territory Manager, Soft Flooring
For over 100 years, this higher end flooring company has been recognized as the contract flooring leader and producer of new original products to the marketplace. Their products exemplify originality, innovative construction and color treatment as well as lasting beauty. They are a world-class organization!
Due to a retirement and an interim sales person transition, the company is looking for a Territory Manager for their soft surfaces division in the Bay Area, CA location (Oakland, Walnut Creek, south of Napa, etc. for locations within the territory.)
The company offers a guaranteed first year salary with a transition to lucrative commissions – note, the territory is currently generating commissions in the upper $100K range with potential to easily double the business. In addition to a very lucrative territory (mostly North and East Bay area), the company offers great benefits and an additional twice/year bonus on sales above plan.
Seeking a highly motivated Sales Professional for the company’s higher end carpet brands. The candidate is responsible for growing and retaining the soft surface business as well as identifying new growth opportunities. This is accomplished through the development of strong relationships with the customer based on knowledge, service, follow-up, trust and integrity. Business growth will be accomplished through the implementation of company marketing initiatives, sample and display placement, as well as inventory roll sales. In addition to the efficient, effective coverage and management of accounts in the assigned geographic area.
- Daily in-person calls on existing customers with an emphasis on the sale of the brands soft surface products, samples, displays and marketing programs
- Product training for the retail dealers, retail sales associates, and designers
- Must continually prospect for viable new accounts that will generate additional sales for the territory
- Provide customer service to ensure resolution of issues
- Prepare and communicate periodic sales reports outlining actual sales information and goals for the retailer
- Analyze reports specific to his/her territory to aid in formulating goals and to assist dealers in promoting sales
- Exhibit excellence in presentation and organizational skills
- Manage travel expenditures as well as sample budget to conform to budget requirements
- A High School Diploma with College degree preferred
- Previous floor covering sales or training work related experience (note, some successful sales people have also come from high end retail backgrounds, design, and other areas)
- This position requires the ability to interface with a diverse group of customers
- The candidate must have the ability to use a laptop computer and basic Excel knowledge
- Applicants must also be physically able to assemble and take down display fixtures
- Must maintain a professional demeanor, behavior, and appearance at all times
- Must reside within territory
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.