Director of Distribution
Our client is a Baltimore based company founded in 1982. They have made strong investments into state-of-the-art production facilities and equipment. The staff is extremely experienced with decades of expertise in automatic & manual screen printing, color separating, screen preparation, embroidery, and design. Customer service is the cornerstone of their corporate philosophy. They believe that helping their customers look good, whether that through great product or timely deliveries, is the key to their business success. This position is located at the company’s warehouses in Baltimore, MD, and requires physical attendance at the company’s warehouses each day.
This is an Operations position responsible for directing the activities associated with multi-location inbound and outbound warehouse operation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, directing activities related to inventory accuracy, fulfillment, product receiving, product replenishment, order selection, order loading, expense and revenue management; ensuring abidance of government regulations; providing management and direction to warehouse staff; and ensuring safety and security of the inbound and outbound warehouse departments.
• Handles the daily work and safety of Inbound and Outbound Warehouse managers, supervisors and other associates
• Manages the fulfillment process to ensure orders are processed, packed and shipped according to the customer’s schedule and requirements
• Proven knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs
• Supervises the proper selection, purchase, and utilization of Company assets in support of warehouse operations
• Ensures the use and updating of fulfillment, inventory management, receiving, selection and loading software systems
• Manages people to ensure that proper inventory management processes and procedures are following to maintain highest levels of inventory accuracy
• Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations
• Manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline oriented atmosphere and customer service issues
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
• 7 years of related experience. Management experience preferred
• Detail oriented and comfortable leading and working with a small team
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and related experience
• Must have excellent computer skills
• Adept in working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, and Corporate proactively and constructively
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.