Senior Product Development Manager
This global Home Fashions company continues to grow in multiple markets. They currently sell to Retail, Hospitality and Institutional. They deliver a quality product for Bedding and Bath and have an outstanding reputation in the Market place. They offer room for growth and full benefits including 401K. The Atlanta location is 40 miles south and is hybrid.
Full time position working closely with Marketing, Sales and Design to develop bath, kitchen and beach textiles for retail customers. Reports to VP Product Development & Innovation. Exempt position eligible for bonus plan.
Our ideal candidate has 3-5 years’ experience as a Product Manager and is familiar with working with overseas factories, sourcing and technical development. Candidate should be a creative, fashion-forward thinker with an excellent design and color sense. We seek a candidate who is self-motivated, detail oriented, and can work both independently and collaboratively with members of our design and marketing teams. This is a fast-paced environment that requires innovative thinking and initiative.
Candidate MUST have ability to understand competitive retail landscape and analyze industry data.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience with product development, preferably in consumer products, textiles or a retail environment is required
- Experience in overseas sourcing and development required
- Must be proactive, able to multi-task and possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Fashion forward mindset
- Must be proficient in Power Point, Word, and Excel
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong Communication Skills both verbally and written are a must to be able to move projects through cross-functional teams
- Previous Brand Management experience a plus
- Previous Product Merchandising experience a plus
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and performs all aspects of product development and product merchandising including product creation, product positioning, pricing and promotion
- Develop and implement strategies for expanding product lines and customer base
- Work with customers to provide product expertise through merchandising recommendations and market intelligence on a regular cadence
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally
- Represent the Terry Product Development Department in Group Meetings
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs
- Establish and maintain relationships with factories and new vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects
- Review and assess competitive retail assortments from a design, trend and price point perspective
- Travel is a requirement to customer meetings, New York market weeks and on an as needed basis
- Will be responsible for managing 3 reports including one who resides overseas
- Other duties as assigned by manager
This is a full-time position based in our corporate office. We offer a flexible, hybrid schedule and require 2 days in office, 3 days remote.
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.