Vice President, Sourcing & Product Development
Yarn and Fabric Innovators, developing new custom fabric technologies that improve form and function to make consumers more comfortable
Experience in the following areas:
- Product Vision: Oversight on fabric and yarn development from concept to production
- Product Analysis: Working with technical teams to facilitate easy adoption of technology through objective testing and easy-to-communicate demonstration of benefits
- Manufacturing Oversight & Quality Control: Negotiation of mill contracts, management of quality control, order fulfillment, procurement, and distribution
- Coordinating with overseas operations teams: Leading every aspect of manufacturing and product development in domestic and international mills
- Leading the transformation of product ideas with new technology and those from clients into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects
- Continuously improving products to address market needs
- Working closely with mills/strategic partners and negotiating competitive pricing
- Establishing methodologies and procedures for conducting research, design conceptualization, prototyping, and product development
- Establishing product differentiation
- 5+ years’ experience within a textile manufacturing environment with a demonstrated record of achievement and an emphasis on international garment production
- Effective project management, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of key business measures: revenue, gross margin, FIFO, COGS, etc.
- Exceptional technology proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe and CRM applications)
- Advanced knowledge of textile manufacturing parameters, testing and regulatory requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following specialties: textile technology, engineering, wet processing or material science
- Prior experience in negotiating contracts with fabric mills in foreign countries
- Strong multi-tasking skills; able to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- High comfort in delivering presentations in a small/large group setting internally/externally as well as to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel 25%-40% of the time
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.