Director of Supply Chain
Our client has a 40 year history of manufacturing high-quality textiles in the U.S. With vertical integration and the capacity for rapid innovation from fiber, to fabric, to garment, they continue to improve their agility and enhance their technical resources for future growth. Today, they are a world leader in supplying high-performance flame-resistant outdoor apparel.
The company is looking for a Director of Supply Chain to manage all aspects of the Company’s procurement (fabric, trims and garments), including manufacturing strategies, capacity, inventory and transportation. Manage and oversee the management and performance of vendor/manufacturing facility. Oversees the management of the entire Supply Chain team including apparel and fabric purchasing teams and the Logistics Manager in support of the Company’s vision, strategies, and goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, manages, and mentors Supply Chain Team Purchasing Managers, Senior Manufacturing Manager, and Logistics Manager
- Develops and manages Fabric and garment purchasing strategy to maximize profitability and assure consistent supply to meet our customer’s demand
- Approves purchases, production, and inventory to maximize profitability, based on contract requirements or sales forecasts and historical demand
- Oversees fabric, garments and trim vendor and manufacturing facility relationships, including quality, price, yields, service and delivery performance, practices, and issues in coordination with Supply Chain team
- Conducts periodic inspections at manufacturing facilities and converters to confirm compliance with contract and Company’s ISO standards as needed
- Collaborates with Purchasing Managers and Senior Manufacturing Manager to assure sufficient supply of fabrics, trims, and finished products to meet Company needs
- Cultivates critical supplier, partner, military, and other customer relationships
- Serves as internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) to handle purchasing software system modifications, upgrades, and issues
- Be highly “process driven” and continuously improve the supply chain and manage complex customer needs
- Participate and lead cross functional meetings to execute strategic sourcing strategies
- Identify and implement contingency plans as required
- Oversees Logistics and Operations initiatives through 3PL partnership
- Oversees and manages the flow of goods between the point of origin and the point of consumption in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to meet the requirements of customers
- Coordinates with Senior Manufacturing Manager and Purchasing Managers to recommend annual department budget, and manages to approved budget
- Participates in Company strategic planning sessions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Performs all duties in accordance with Company’s Quality Management System
- Regular monthly domestic travel; infrequent international travel
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education or experience
- At least eight years of experience in procurement/planning/forecasting/inventory planning/logistics, including five years in a manufacturing environment and at least three years of experience in fulfillment of government contracts
- At least three years of experience managing people
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.