With over 35 years of insulation experience, our client markets and manufactures several thermal and acoustical insulation products for multiple industries. Their patented manufacturing process allows for a wide range of densities and thicknesses while maintaining important health and safety features. Whatever insulation needs, they have a superior performing natural fiber product to meet those needs, while keeping you and the environment safe.
We are searching for an experienced Maintenance Manager. The primary purpose of the position is to direct, supervise and manage the safe activities of the plant’s facility and equipment maintenance to maximize uptime and productivity in operational efficiency. This is a working manager position and does require a strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatical, hydraulics, electrical, fiber processing and thermal bonding fields. You will be hands on diagnosing, evaluating and repairing industrial machines as needed.
- Oversee, manage, direct and participate in all maintenance procedures and operations, including hands on support on a regular basis, (i.e., pulling wire, mechanical, and PLC)
- Ensure all machinery is up to working standards
- Maintain rolling stock fleet
- Assess current maintenance work processes to optimize efficiency
- Manage potential issues proactively with a preventative mind set
- Use data analysis to help prepare for and prevent future problems
- Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs, i.e., (P.M., TPM, vibration analysis, WO completion tracking)
- Troubleshoot problem areas and create a clear plan of action for fixing necessary parts
- Oversee and often times complete repairs personally depending on available resources and priorities
- Train new employees in maintenance work processes and procedures with a hands-on approach to ensure teams capabilities are understood and developed
- Create a work environment with safety as the highest priority
- Perform evaluations of employees to ensure quality of work
- Record and track daily progress/error reports
- Create and adhere to maintenance budgets
- Enforce all health and safety rules and regulations according to state and federal laws as well as company protocol
- Maintain vendor relationships and order new materials as needed
- Perform and coordinate all required routine facility maintenance and repairs as well as oversee all facility improvement projects
- Ensure the facility and equipment safety systems are maintained on a regular basis
- Make sure that all maintenance processes and procedures are safe, and that all compliance programs are being met
- Create a healthy and safe work environment for all maintenance and plant workers
- High school diploma or GED required, as well as relevant technical certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical Field is preferred
- Prior Non-Woven’s experience preferred:
- Fiber processing & blending: Pneumatical & mechanical
- Through-air thermal bonding ovens
- Nuisance dust mitigation and collection systems
- Steel rule die press & compression systems
- Packaging experience to include: Pieces, rolls, sheets
- 5+ years relevant experience in maintenance
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatical, hydraulics and thermal bonding systems, including hands on experience
- Project management experience preferred
- Previous managerial/leadership experience
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing tasks
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite) and a solid understanding of data analysis software
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.