Sewing Room Supervisor
This company is a leading manufacturer of custom, American made horse clothing and accessories. Their Contract Manufacturing Division is seeking an experienced Sewing Room Supervisor to join their team. Located in Amsterdam, NY. This is an easy commute from Saratoga Springs and the Albany Area. Their location offers staff access to many outdoor sports, cultural activities, and night life. Their compensation package includes competitive salary, health insurance, retirement plan, continuing education reimbursement, and paid vacation and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Hands on supervision of daily production
• Lead multiple sewing teams to assure quality, productivity and delivery targets are met
• Identify, train, and mentor a team of lead sewing machine operators dedicated to specific product lines
• Provide technical expertise and training to resolve process and or quality issues
• Establish work procedures to satisfy production needs
• Suggest and drive changes in the work environment and equipment to increase efficiency
• Examine products to confirm conformance with setup, specifications, and machine setup
• Analyze and resolve problems as a member of the manufacturing team
• Contribute to the product development process and oversee sample making
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently
• Detailed and Team oriented
• Exceptional sewing skills
• Good Communicator
• Ability to properly setup a wide range of sewing machine types
• Can recognize stitch problems, diagnose and correct them
• Experienced computer user, familiar with Windows based software
• Above average organizational and time management skills
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and adapt easily to changing situations
• Well versed in lean manufacturing methods
Minimum Experience Level:
• High School Graduate
• 5 years in needle trades
• 2 years as direct sewing room supervisor running multiple lines concurrently
• Experience working with industrial fabrics, stretch fabrics, and apparel weight fabrics
• Microsoft office suite
Preferred Additional Experience, and Skills:
• Experienced with computer-based labor capture in production environment
• Multi lingual English / Spanish
• ERP / MRP Software
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.