Plant Manager, Yarn Mill
For over 100 years, this Flooring company has been recognized as the contract flooring leader and producer of new original products to the marketplace. Their products exemplify originality, innovative construction and color treatment as well as lasting beauty. They are a world-class organization.
We are searching for a Plant Manager to lead of team of ~ 150 in the manufacturing of heat-set yarn products for the residential space. This person must be an operational leader with both strong leadership/interpersonal skills as well as technical aptitude. The ideal candidate will have experience managing both a production facility and a large team. They should be able to analyze each step of the manufacturing process and make effective use of resources to deliver desired outcomes. The candidate will also have an ability to follow safety and compliance guidelines diligently to create a healthy work environment for all employees.
- Oversee plant operations of a 24/7 manufacturing facility
- Analyze production costs and yields to establish areas for improvements
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace, driving culture of safety excellence all levels throughout the plant
- Coordinate the effective utilization of production capacity, staffing and equipment through planning, organizing, and scheduling
- Set the pace for a sense of urgency and accountability in the plant to ensure prompt responses to customer and employee needs
- Monitor raw materials and supplies on hand to ensure adequate supply
- Ensure adherence to rules and workplace policies
- Manage all aspects of the plant cost structure including direct and indirect labor, maintenance and proactively control to preserve profitability
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field required
- Experience in yarn manufacturing pants strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in plant management and manufacturing operations
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Six Sigma Certification strongly preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.