Vice President, Supply Chain
Industry leader that has been making quality products for the Table, Bath, Bed, Healthcare, and Apparel world since 1838. They offer products from economy level to high-end luxury and everything in between.
As Vice President, Supply Chain, you will report to the CEO & responsibilities include:
- Oversee the supply chain from purchase order to delivery, including order fulfillment, shipping, receiving and inventory management.
- Accountable for integration of supply chain activities across the organizations leading to optimal customer service, product supply, inventory investment & cost
- Responsible to help develop a material planning function for goods and materials, create integrated processes among Operations, Purchasing, Sourcing, Logistics, and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process
- Participate with senior management in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives related to supply chain management
- Drive improvements in the delivery performance
- Ensures compliance with specified metrics including US and international regulations in operational & personnel activities, and maintains high standards of operational activities, introducing a lean manufacturing concept where applicable
- Ensures quality management system procedures are implemented throughout functional groups
- Plan, direct and implement logistics operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals
- Develop an annual operating budget and manage a system of controls to ensure service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters
- Identify competitive strategies and evaluate, adjust or redraft the organization’s supply chain programs accordingly ensuring thorough communication of imperatives and action items to the team
- Responsible for operations and managing best practices with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies and asset utilization; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner
- Develop, document, and train on warehouse and logistics standard operating procedures and best practices, including multiple sites/multiple geographies.
- Forecast demands to ensure just in time inventory increases efficiency and reduces inventory costs
- Assist in the execution of customer care standards for all accounts, communicating these standards to all personnel. Maintain appropriate contact with all accounts and respond to requests when required
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within Supply Chain and Logistics operations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manager or VP level role is required
- APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred
- Experience with transportation, inventory management, global sourcing and international logistics
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Ability to discuss a wide range of topics from business strategy to the tactical execution of the strategy
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and management leadership skills
- Must have working knowledge of facilities, equipment, global sourcing, operations and management
- Experience with developing and monitoring production strategies and performance metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities & demands
- Background in Home or Textiles preferred
- MS Office Suite and ERP system proficiency, MS Dynamics experience is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.