Quality & Compliance Assurance Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH
This is a US Owned Home Fashions Company that has been in business for 25+ years and is doing well. They have a long history of success and have a solid team in place. They offer full benefits and relocation assistance. Company is HQ’d in Cincinnati. We are only looking for a few years of experience so salary is around $65K to 75K.
Quality Assurance refers to an overall corporate plan evaluates and modifies an organization's procedures to make sure they provide the desired results. A quality assurance plan should include an organizational structure, details on each employee's responsibilities, and the qualifications (training) an employee would need to fulfill those responsibilities. Quality Control is a set of procedures to deal with quality defects as they arise in production.
A QA plan also specifies requirements for suppliers, and the materials they ship. It specifies adequate product testing, and feeds back test results, production logs, and customer complaints to solve problems and to encourage improvements throughout the organization.
We envision that the QA/QC Manager here will plan and build a comprehensive set of management systems over the first 2 years on the job. It's a lot of details to learn: production processes, regulatory/compliance and customer-based requirements, testing labs and protocols. It will require excellent math skills and strongly logical mindset. Drafting procedures in consultation with operations team members and sales will need excellent English and would benefit from knowing at least verbal Spanish as well. Training materials will need to be written for our production team, and a regular training schedule set up within the first three months on the job.
This position is new headcount, to become a regular FT, salaried, exempt position as soon as the evaluation period is completed. This is interesting, varied work. No two days will be the same. The successful candidate will be highly trainable, able to develop a good business sense, and is likely to grow with the company.
Major raw materials we handle: cotton fabric and bedding textiles, synthetic and natural fills, and related packaging.
Duties for the QA/QC Manager:
• Manage daily stock receiving QA/QC processes, in a way that continuously improves our risk position and employee knowledge base. Tools: processes, training, follow-up, and a database to keep track
• Manage daily production QA/QC processes in a way that continuously improves our risk position and employee knowledge base. Tools: processes, training, follow-up, and a database to keep track
• Assist in managing RDS (a materials traceability program) insofar as RDS requires a QA/QC program
• If we build a new QA/QC database, take a strong hand in specifying requirements for it
• Other duties may be assigned depending on workload, skills, and interests
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.