Sales Manager, North & South America
Location: Company based in Southeast, Home Office option
We are working with an outstanding global player with multiple sites in the manufacturing of Industrial Fabrics and Performance Materials. Their lightweight components help reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and extend the range of aircraft. They also have positive effects in terms of costs and the environment. This is why their products and know-how can be found in almost all sectors of the manned and unmanned Aerospace industry: From airplanes and helicopters right through to components for the spacecraft market. With a US team of ~170 they are focused on growing and expanding their business!
We are searching for an experienced sales professional to join this dynamic team as Sales Manager for North & South America in the Aerospace market. This is a business development and account management role, including program/project management to grow the aerospace market.
Key responsibilities include:
• Accommodate existing customers
• Win new customers / business development (civil and military)
• Assess potentials and analyze market of NA and SA
• Reply to customer requests and prepare quotations
• Manage product launches from prototyping to qualification to series manufacture
• Support material screenings
• Participate in national and international exhibitions, conferences and trade shows
• Contribute to government funded projects
• Project and one-off tasks upon requested
Ideal Background / work experience would include:
• Strong military track record in army aviation or Airforce, personnel network to decision makers (civ. & mil.) in design, materials and processes, willingness to train in Germany
• Masters in Aeronautical Engineering or similar degree accompanied by 3 years aerospace practice
• Functional: Knowledge in aerospace and space technology as well as textile engineering, detailed market insight, advanced IT skills, presentation techniques
• Personality: strong communications skills, willingness to travel, team player, negotiation skills, high social intelligence, able to uphold high level of motivation without short-term successes
• English, additional Spanish and German are an advantage
• >5 years, of which min. 3 are in sales, ideally in aerospace, familiar with composite materials and their manufacturing processes, experiences in carbon materials and their screening/qualification requirements for aerospace
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.