Product Sales Manager, Composites
Location: North Carolina
In business for over 30 years, our client is a very successful company that has evolved from a traditional textile company into an Engineered Materials business, focused on highly technical, high-quality fabrics. They offer their employees many benefits and have a culture of support and empowerment. It is truly a very positive and supportive place to work! This role works in one of their key segments working with a very highly profitable and important client base.
Basic responsibility of the role includes overall management and responsibility for Sales, Marketing, and Product Development for the Composites Business Unit. This role does not have direct reports but does have strong, dedicated support within other departments (i.e. technical, R&D, etc.). This role reports to the Vice President, Woven Division.
• Manage Sales, Marketing, and Product Development activities of products and new businesses for highly technical applications, with particular emphasis on Woven fabrics used in Aerospace and Structural Composites
• Maintain close communications with customers to ensure that their product needs and fabric performance requirements are continually being met. Function as a strong advocate within the company for customers for which you are responsible. Oversee and facilitate continuity of customer orders through the Company’s manufacturing plants
• Conduct sales activities in area of responsibility, including travel as needed to maintain customer contacts, understanding customer needs and priorities, as well as monitoring company’s performance
• Maintain product pricing & pricing strategies for markets. Communicate new pricing to customers as required. Coordinate pricing & pricing strategies with manager
• Prepare product sales forecasts and business plans for existing products and new products in each market segment of responsibility. Attend weekly sales meetings to report on the week’s sales activities. Provide sales forecasts and market-status narratives to manager for the monthly Woven Operations presentation
• Manage quality-control specifications and quality issues, assisting Corporate Quality Control as needed to resolve any outstanding issues
• Coordinate advertising, promotional programs & public relations activities
• Oversee the development and implementation of professional marketing tools
• Ensure that the division’s marketing materials and advertising carry a consistent corporate image and message
• Research new markets & customers to determine potential sales activities
• Monitor development trends and activities in markets consistent with division business objectives
• Maintain open communication with Customer Service, Quality Control, Manufacturing Planning, Product Development, Research and Development, customers, suppliers, and distributors of the Company
• Prepare annual sales, marketing and advertising budgets for new and existing products in area of responsibility
• Perform other duties as requested by manager
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.