Account Manager, Carpet Sales
Location: Long Island, NY
We are working with one of the world’s leading manufacturers of the highest quality Luxury Carpets and Handmade Rugs. They are one of the most-respected privately owned and family-run companies that’s been in business for over 80 years! They’re based in the Northeast and their products can be found on the walls, floors & stairs of the most beautiful spaces in the world including The White House and are offered through 17 showrooms across the United States, one in London, and dozens of representative locations.
We are looking for an Account Manager with experience selling Carpets and Handmade Rugs to Interior Designers, Architectural Firms and similar trades at one of our clients’ locations in Long Island, NY. The position may expand to include some outside sales as well.
• Advise clients on product attributes and qualities as related to their needs -- through networking, observing and analyzing market trends and using personal judgment
• Identify potential clients and create strategic client-centric marketing plans (including but not limited to such matters as who to visit, when and how many times to visit)
• Cold call potential clients, using customized sales and marketing scripts that developed on a client-by-client basis. Create pre and post client visit reports, assess purchasing potential of client and deliver analysis to senior management
• Collaborate on the creation and development of company’s core message to clients
• Develop event strategy, lead and organize events for your specific clients with full discretion over budgets and invitees
• Prepare sales documents in order to initiate and close sales. Collaborate on the creation of layouts for installation from the design perspective
• Coach Junior Account Managers on sales, sales strategies and tactics
• Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
• Must possess a strong interest in the interior design trade as well as interpersonal, communication and computer skills
• Must possess advanced knowledge of carpet qualities, attributes and manufacturing techniques
• 3-5 years’ experience in carpet sales along with active accounts and industry relationships
• College degree in Interior Design or related field, and a minimum 2 years carpet sales to the trade experience preferred but not required
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.