Technical Services Manager
Location: Greenville, SC
This is a very successful Apparel company that works with some of the top retailers and top brands in the country. They can offer private label packages for the retailers and they have licensing agreements with the brands to represent them to retail. They have multiple divisions and offer room for growth. They have over 1000 employees worldwide and have been in business since 1982. They really cater to their employees and try to make it a place you want to come to work. Relocation Assistance.
As Technical Services Manager you will be responsible for one of the most essential aspects of the qualification and approval of Gerber Childrenswear. In this role, you are responsible for testing department and its policies and procedures. You manage the overall quality function to ensure that all products meet specifications as well as manage testing lab functions and priorities. You will also ensure clear and precise communication is provided back to internal teams to ensure meets expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure safety compliance on all products
• Manage the overall quality function to ensure that all products meet specifications
• Manage testing lab functions and priorities
• Review new products for safety, quality, and manufacturing concerns
• Perform safety tests and sample evaluations. Make final pass/fail decisions on pre-pro and production submits
• Communicate all safety and quality concerns with Sourcing and factories
• Verify that all styles on shipping authorizations have passed internal samples evaluations
• Stay abreast of any changes issued by customers or government agencies - CTL, CPSC, Wal-Mart, Global, FTC
• Evaluate customer returns and complaints and respond accordingly
• Manage all FR testing and records
• Work with DC’s to ensure manufacturing & receiving audits are properly carried out
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required (May consider an additional 2 years of related experience in lieu of a degree)
• 4+ years of retail industry experience in product testing, along with development, marketing, engineering, retail, customer service or any combination including product testing
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong leadership skills. Ability to take initiative when required
• Proven ability to create, implement, follow and lead team regarding strategic plans to completion
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with multiple personality types and levels
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects/tasks with sensitive deadlines
• Strong analytical skills. Attention to detail and follow up. Ability to work well under pressure
• Proven knowledge and experience of various testing categories, product safety and compliance
• Experience recruiting and communicating with testers/public along with obtaining clear, precise prototype feedback
• Experience working with children's clothing standards preferred
• Proven proficiency with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.