Interiors Segment Leader
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
This company is one of the top companies to work for in the US. They are a leader in their segment selling to the Residential and Commercial Market Segment. Privately held, US company with plants in the US and overseas. This company is driven by innovation and driven to remain the best at what they do. Full benefits, base + bonus and relocation assistance. Opportunity grow as well.
The role of the Interiors/ Specialty Marketing Manager is to drive profitability of the Interiors/ Specialty business segment in North America through:
• Customer-focused product and service development
• Competitive product & market assessment
• Product promotion
• Portfolio rationalization
• Strengthening key customer relationships
• Providing code and regulatory driver insight
• Offer sales tools, training, and assistance with product pricing strategy
Responsible for strategy development / execution for the segment and other products within the North American Interiors segment. The role also functions as the subject matter expert on the supply chains through which these products move to market. Understanding opportunities within the value chain to expand our products and services is also critical to this role.
The IMM maintains a close working relationship with product management, manufacturing operations, the sales group, and the Science & Technology Center. This position requires the individual to drive business results by influencing personnel in other disciplines to guide product fit and function, while managing multiple priorities so that market-driven success can be ensured.
Interiors Market Support and Strategic Development:
• Lead segment strategy and develop insights to drive business growth and competitive advantage
• Lead all elements of the Company’s marketing process through segmentation and value proposition development
• Lead and facilitate activities with sales and market research to uncover insights and trends with downstream customers to create pull and/or new opportunities for Company’s products - customer visits, focus groups, surveys, sales team facilitation
• Develop channel strategies that reaches downstream customers and removes barriers for the purchase and use of Company’s products
• Develop segment targets for financial performance based upon profit margin and measure year over year improvement
• Assess competitive landscape in the interiors/ specialty market by comparing products, initiating benchmarks, reviewing competitive literature, and other publicly available knowledge
• Direct and support marketing communications to create product literature, ad campaigns, communications, promotions, trade show and product displays that effectively enhance the brands and support key product offerings
• Generate a long-term Interiors/ Specialty market strategy based on insight from industry trends, drivers and routes to market that will culminate in the increased adoption of glass products for applications in the segment
Value Proposition/New Product Development:
• Work with product management to maintain the portfolio by building a strategic roadmap of products and services
• Understand and inform product management of segment trends, competitive action and legislative trends. Synthesizes this information to provide input regarding issues affecting the profitability of product lines
• Lead the development of unique value propositions for the segment. Define the overall offer (product, service, information, etc.) necessary to deliver each value proposition and understand how it propagates through the channel
Sales and Customer Support:
• Establish and strengthen key customer relationships, gain insight to underlying and future customer needs through sales visits, meetings, and industry shows
• Develop selling tools based upon segment value propositions. Selling tools span performance calculators, marketing collateral, sales presentations, CRM for project tracking, etc.
• Train the sales team on new programs and tools to ensure consistent delivery of value propositions
• Provide guidance to the sales team on product sales strategies, technical product support and product pricing. Create sales presentations and training tools
• Work as part of a cross functional team with quality, customer excellence, sales, and technical services to provide one voice to the customer
• Establishes segment pricing strategy based upon market objective, business drivers, etc.
• Understand and plan for pricing all the way through the channel, including downstream processing and use
• Analyzes competitive strategy, programs, communications, portfolio to provide the business with clear understanding of competitive targets and develops hypotheses for competitive response to action
Establish Market POV:
• Develop and maintain demand Point of View (POV) by segment for the region - determine overall market size, drivers of demand and expected growth rates by segment
• Develop and routinely update key trends and drivers and the application into overall segment strategy
• Provide key inputs for capital projects, including demand forecast, pricing assumptions, assessment of competitive response, customer segment targets and marketing programs to support project
Interpersonal Traits: The Interiors/Specialty Segment Leader must be aligned with our MBM guiding principles and possess the following traits:
• High energy and self-motivated
• Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
• Positive attitude
• Perseverance "Will not fail attitude"
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience managing conflict
• 4-year degree in Marketing, business, finance, or technical field. MBA a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of experience within marketing, and ideally within the residential or flat glass environment
• Ability to travel up to 20%, and on short notice
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.