Knitting R&D Associate
Location: Upstate NY
This privately held US Textile company has been around for a while and they are making the innovative changes to stick around for the next 50 years. They have a great team in place and offer full benefits with 401K and relocation assistance. They are NOT in NYC, but they are in beautiful upstate NY around the Little Falls area.
This position reports to the Plant Manager. Provides overall direction for all activities related to developing warp knit fabrics design, monitoring production and fabric finishing. The Technician is responsible for the development and implementation of both a Plant Production and Research Plan by ensuring that state-of-the-art practices are utilized and result in the consistent production of the highest quality. In addition, the technician works closely with the Plant Manager, Production Manager, Knitting and Warping Supervisors to develop research projects and quality control.
Bachelors degree in textiles or engineering plus circular knitting, warp knitting, and/or advanced double needle bar raschel preferred experience.
• Assists Plant manager in production management practices
• Ensures that swatch packets are generated for all styles in production
• Generate computer models correlating various production data
• Provide technical liaison to sales department and outside customers
• Provide technical guidance and training in all aspects of textile practices and ensures that best practices are being effectively implemented and controlled
• Develops warp knit fabrics-original design or according to specifications
• Selects machine and yarn to produce fabric; prepares drafts from artist sketch and writes pattern chain, threading charts to issue warping and knitting instructions
• Prepares lab sample and converting sheet
• Provides instructions for changes to established fabrics to improve manufacturing and/or fabric characteristics
• Identifies fabric manufacturing method, knitting structure, raw material, width and yield
• Assembles and provides information for accurate costings; warping, knitting and finishing
• Advises on machinery/techniques for efficient and best quality manufacturing
• Maintains library of production data and sample cards to establish standards
• Monitors production by examining defective fabric and finishing problems and advice on corrective measures
• Determines fabric dimensions (lab samples) and provide guidance for finishing (converting instructions and finishing techniques). Establishes greige fabric standards
• This position may have access to customer protected information. As outlines in employee handbook, this information should be treated as secret and confidential
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.