Location: Summerville, SC
This is a privately held Home Fashions company based out of California that has a Plant in Summerville, SC. Great location. It is a two-shift operation with 40 to 60 employees and they fill and finish bed pillows from this location. They ship to Retailers and some Hospitality accounts. There is a potential bonus depending on performance and financial results, but this is discretionary.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for the overall operations at an assigned plant including, but not limited to, supply management, production scheduling, manufacturing, shipping, warehouse, maintenance, people management, and implementation of change initiatives. Facilitate, lead and manage performance enhancing initiatives focused on improving end-to-end quality, reducing process cycle time, overall cost and eliminating waste. Position requires extensive knowledge of core areas within Operations (Production, Finance, Quality, Planning, etc.) All activities must be conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures and all federal, state and local laws. This position reports to the COO.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Form a solid management team, coach and mentor team members, and maintain a respectful and positive working environment
• Assure all products meet Standards and the specifications of the company, its customers, and government agencies
• Manage and control assets to achieve and improve cost objectives while meeting or exceeding customer’s expectations
• The major cost areas are labor, product and plant overhead expenses
• Manage location safety & health programs to meet OSHA and company standards with emphasis on improving employee morale by reducing and eliminating employee injuries and worker’s compensation claims in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager
• Manage effective health & safety training and development of assigned staff, schedule monthly safety meetings/talks
• Actively support the efforts and responsibilities of Joint Health & Safety Committee
• Key participant in injury/accident reporting, investigations & or corrective actions
• Manage and control facility equipment and processes to meet all environmental regulations of the federal, state, and local governments (AQMD & EPA)
• Actively support the company HR practices in accordance with company policies
• This includes hiring, promotion and termination of location employees
• Actively support the company HR practices, and ensure that supervisors and staff are completed the Time off Request forms accurately: to include but not limited to the notification of absences, leave of absences, bereavement etc.
• Ensure any capital expenditures are reviewed and receive approvals prior to implementation and expenditure of capital
• Manage production schedule
• Work with plant scheduling to balance production efficiency and attainment of targeted finished goods inventory levels
• Manage to meet or exceed acceptable scores/ratings on all internal and external audits, to include preparation and participation
• Maintain facilities and grounds in good repair and consistent with high standards
• Maintain & encourage employee participation in new & creative ideas for cost control, new products & process enhancements to aid in longevity of company
• Maintain preventative maintenance including weekly, monthly, annual PM schedule, open and closed work orders
• Maintain proper maintenance resources and skills required to achieve targeted efficiency
• Establishes processes, benchmarks, tracking systems, timelines, and procedures for implementation of best practices
• Enforces accountability with all functional groups for implementation of best practices and high performing factory initiatives
• Develops and sustains a continuous improvement culture in the organization
• Build and lead a cohesive management team capable of best-in-class operational performance
• Ensure that all operational metrics are met and or exceeded
• Quickly assess and implement necessary changes to achieve net weight and scrap targets
• Communicates progress and results as required, ensuring an on-going training discipline to maintain improvements
• Improve line efficiencies and determine optimal staffing levels
• Recommend equipment and process changes to improve efficiencies and protect product quality
• Implement GMP’s, SOP’s and SSOP’s
• Control costs to approved expenditures and continuous cost savings opportunities on plant related expenses including managing labor costs to allocated standards
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Effective communicator with strong leadership and organizational skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a Just in Time, Make to Order environment
• Able to manage conflicting demands and multiple tasks and projects
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.