Sales Manager, Automotive
Our client is one of the leading international privately held manufacturers providing the Sewing industry with high-quality sewing/embroidery threads and smart yarns. Their technical expertise, reliability and flexibility of production and service make them a strong partner worldwide. As a technology leader they give their customers and partners comprehensive support on everything to do with sewing in 20+ countries for more than 150 years!
We are searching for a Sales Manager for the Automotive market.
• The numerous changes in the transportation business (like light-weighting, electrification) translate into a myriad of opportunities for the expanded usage of technical fabrics and makes for a very exciting opportunity. For decades our client has been a reliable partner to car makers all over the globe
• In general - the usage of yarn is rapidly expanding – fabric is opening up new applications (i.e. in industrial, aerospace) and is replacing conventional materials (like leather and plastics). Sewing threads are a key bottleneck (the speed of the machines is limited by the properties of the used yarn) and only very few companies can meet the demanding
• The successful candidate will be at the intersection of a fast-growing market (i.e. electrification of transportation) and the capabilities of a global player with a strong balance sheet (and not having to follow the demands of stock markets or Private Equity) investing large amounts into R&D and manufacturing
• To secure sustainable, operational business relationships with existing customers in North America by providing services & support in compliance with customer requirements and their policy, ensuring a high customer satisfaction
• To support the Key Account Management with business development in North America in compliance with sales & commercial targets of the Business Unit (BU) Automotive
• Establishing and maintaining contacts with all active customer locations in North America with a focus on: Purchasing, Production, Quality Assurance, Logistics
• Securing and maintaining existing business relationships with customers in North America by regular visits at production facilities and company headquarters in close cooperation with the Key account Management North America
• Development and implementation of customer-specific sales concepts for sustainable local business development, based on the “Foreign Trade Zone” logistics hub
• Ensuring smooth operational processes (order processing, deliveries, invoicing) in close cooperation with the various customers as well as with the local Customer Service Center (CSC) team
• Ensuring the implementation of customer-specific requirements such as packaging, labeling, documentation standards
• Ensuring the availability of all relevant customer master data as a prerequisite for trouble-free operational processing in SAP
• Regular market & competitor’s monitoring and analysis in close cooperation with the KA Management North America
• Participate at trade shows as necessary
• Preparation of the annual budget planning for the assigned customer sales district (SAP) in North America
• Ensuring transparent and consistent information transfer with the European core team automotive in close cooperation with Key account Management North America
• Identify and penetrate customers requiring high-performance conductive threads and other rigid functional parts where their specialties can offer design and performance enhancements
• Acquire new business development targets and implement marketing strategies required by the management
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of the business development team, including defining processes and training of other members
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting of customer calls, expenses, itineraries and weekly reports
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.