Location: North Carolina
This is a growing and profitable diversified Textile company that is innovative and doing well. They are focused on the Industrial Textile market as well as the Automotive Textile market. They offer room for advancement, full benefits and relocation assistance.
Plans and directs research and development activities for organizational products by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned:
• Develop innovative products and/or processes to grow the business; assist in market studies to identify new opportunities
• Conduct all product development work on assigned projects according to the appropriate APQP guidelines
• Meet with customers to understand product requirements and support sales/marketing in efforts to introduce new product to customers and answer questions pertaining to the technical advantages of the product
• Work with the costing department to produce estimated and final product costs based upon the raw materials, product design, and process parameters
• Set up and carry out lab investigations and projects, record and report on results
• Take an active part in conducting development trials & relay important technical, processing, and quality standards to assigned associates
• Prepare necessary chemical formulas and follow protocol for introducing new chemicals into the laboratory and plants
• Assist in production, quality control, and process improvement in root cause analysis and corrective actions
• Analyze current process shortcomings
• Evaluate new process methods, procedures, equipment or control techniques Research and Development Specialist
• Meet with suppliers to discuss new raw material requirements and new product development initiatives
• Work with suppliers to conduct root cause analysis for understanding undesirable product characteristics and impact of final product or process performance
• Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a technical field; minimum two to four years related experience in field of textile coatings (prefer experience in urethane coatings and/or lamination); or equivalent combination of education and experience
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.