Director of Apparel Production, Screen Printing
Location: Hanover, PA
Leading supplier of best-in-class casual apparel, headwear, and home décor in the Collegiate, Resort and Corporate channels. Leader in the campus retail channel for more than 25 years. Position based in Hanover PA. Relocation Assistance.
The Director of Apparel Production, Screen Printing is charged with the profitability, on-time delivery and quality of domestic printed products. This includes training, supervising and coordinating staff and activities for high output and cost efficiency. This position is also uniquely responsible for implementation of Lean techniques and culture, brand standards, and management of production staff and processes to ensure that strategic goals are being met in the spirit of the Company’s Core Values. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
• Develop and implement plans for improvement, advancement and innovation to meet departmental/company objectives today, while positioning the department to deliver results in the future
• Responsible for recruiting, developing, succession planning, cross-training and adapting the department's staff to ensure human capital is properly in place
• Promote effective communication across all levels of the organization
• Identify risks, trends, best practices, industry standards and external factors that impact the organization
• 5 Years’ Experience and Knowledge of all health/safety, quality and productivity standards in the area
• Outstanding time management, good judgment and ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines with a positive can-do attitude
• Extremely organized
• Lead and develop overall production resources, Lean processes, personnel, and production floor culture to maximize efficiency, on-time delivery and profitability goals
• Develop, manage and set the cultural tone for supervisors and team leaders, who maintain day-to-day responsibility for order fulfilment workflow, output, and quality of their departments
• Plan and organize production goals, resources, and staffing on a daily, weekly and monthly basis with direct reports and SVP Operations
• Analyze and implement solutions to reduce defects and scrap
• Assist the Product Development team in researching and developing new product concepts, time studies, and costs
• Screen Print Supervisor
• QA Supervisor
• Manager of Production Planning
• Pre-Press Technician
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.